i have had an aftermarket rev gauge for a while now, everything is conncted apart from the rpm signal wire. now origionaly i wired it to the pin in the ecu but it didnt read so now im thinking just wire it straight into the dissy cap king lead box thingy? i just need someone to tell me which wire i need to tap into i heard theres two black wires and i need to tap into the negative 1 ive had a look at the expander box that he king lead goes into and ive found 2 black wires on there own one has a red tracer. is this right??

pic to help its where my fingers are..

Image005.jpg

sorry bout the description of the box the name has gone out my head lol

is this right?? thanks Dean

on my gauge there was a live and a neg then the light wich is ive its easy at the back of the fuse box go to all the wires and what your looking for is a non permenent live so the gauge will only light up when the ignition is on, easyist thing to do is buy one of them small screwdrivers that light up when theres a live, and als u do is turn the ignition on go test the wires with the screwdriver and when you find a live one just turn the ignition off to see if the screwdriver light goes out, if it only live when you turn the ignition on then uve got it bit if the light stays on all the time then its permant live. hope this helps :thumbsup: