Hybrid turbo's? advice

Ok heres a quick question

Taking the advice of people saying get a uprated ECU instead of FPR's FCD's and setting it up on a RR i also want a better turbo

so if im to purchase a Hybrid Turbo can i do it with my standard EP82 engine or is it likely to blow the bolox off it

so can i keep it standard or is it advisable to get a rebuild

thanks

Ok heres a quick question

Taking the advice of people saying get a uprated ECU instead of FPR's FCD's and setting it up on a RR i also want a better turbo

so if im to purchase a Hybrid Turbo can i do it with my standard EP82 engine or is it likely to blow the bolox off it

thanks

you shoul b ok as long as your not running high boost always mate lyk 1.1bar + over. if u plan 2 do that best adive i think wud b forged internals

p15

If u go e manage then you wont be disappointed.

its maybe worth speaking to Nick Jones at tuning developments, he knows his stuff and could give you prices and more info etc...

The Jam ecu is a self learning ecu, but they sell for 400 quid maybe more, personally i would go for e manage over that as you get a full tune to suit your car.

eh try ebay mate, or yahoo jap auctions. or u culd type it in google and find a place that sells thm culd be expesive tho. post a thred up askin if anyone has a good ecu 2 sell u mate or they culd tell u where to get 1. good luk mate :)

p15

would a blitz piggy back E.C.U be good enuff. And will it get reid of fuel cut etc

The Blitz ones arent piggy back ecus, they are standalone units that replace the standard ecu. :) Jam, Blitz, Sard, Zep etc ecus are all similar in working, they all remove the factory fuel cut limiter and have sufficient fuel maps for well over 1 bar (many have run over a bar on forged engines and bigger injectors with such ecus). The ignition map is also tweaked (Blitz one is very good) and top speed limiter is removed, plus the rev limiter is raised. I'm not sure why they do this, possibly to allow for larger turbos which have a powerband higher up in the rev range.

They are very versatile ecus but having them checked on the rolling road is a good plan to make sure there are no holes in the map or conflictions with your setup. Also, from experience I recommend a Blitz Access over a Jam Ecu, I've had both and the blitz is far more aggressive it seems.

^^ but they cost alot more aswell. some people cant afford to have them. And they haved to be mapped which costs even more. But you will get more power from your engine with e manage than the blitz. It really depends on your budget.

Yer that seems true

but money wise there going to cost in all well over the 000's mark arn't they??

so up to about 500quid now will the blitz one be better then eventually when I've done things like better turb6 FMIC etc etc eventually upgrade to an E-Manage???

I understand what your saying, but an e-manange professionally mapped will do FAR more than buying an off the shelf ECU with a "safe" map. Just my opinion.

I talked to Nick Jones about this. He said that for a hybrid setup, there would be very little gains to be had using an emanage over a Blitz Access. But I do see you're point about a safe map. Most plugin Jap ecus run very safely and I have yet to see one cause engine failure at 1 bar as a result of a "bad" map.

When you start running high hp figures (when you forge and run a much larger turbo), I can defo see the need for an emanage, but 90% of the plugin ecus available for the starlet are mapped for a CT9 so if you're going hybrid theyre a good option imo and cheaper.

Nick Jones does some very good deals on emanages plus fitting and road mapping, you're looking at around £5-600 for one fully mapped.

^^ but they cost alot more aswell. some people cant afford to have them. And they haved to be mapped which costs even more. But you will get more power from your engine with e manage than the blitz. It really depends on your budget.

I have a friend who went from a blitz access to an Apexi power fc mapped by a competent tuner. They eeked another 7hp over the blitz, thats just an example of how much the gains can be over a Blitz or Jam ecu.

thanks

Thought you done the bottom end already?