just got my car back after having it MOT'd and serviced today

pleased to say it flew through the MOT, with the advisory note saying "exhaust slightly noisy" haha

then back to the garage where it received induction kit, new sparks, oil filter and general tune up. God knows what else the machanic did but the car now flys!

im well happy and stunned at what a service and induction kit actually did. Has eliminated flat spots and pulls great through all the gears.

car never used to wheel spin in 1st, caught me out when it did tonight though lol

sorry but just wanted to share my chuffness :rolleyes:

Thanks people

You'll love it even more with a rolla mani on there.

I did a similar thing to you a few months back and got the same result, first I did a service changing the spark plugs/leads/dizzy cap/rotor arm, made a nice difference and ran alot better. Few weeks after that I had the oil flushed and changed, made a big difference, old oil must have been sludgey or something.

Then I got a rolla mani, much better response throughout the rev range and plenty more power top end. After that got an induction kit and again made a good difference to mid-top end of the rev range.

Before it used to get to 80 and run out of steam, now it gets to 90 easily and keeps going.

Good to hear! It probably just needed a good service as it wasn't running 100% before. :lol: N/A power y0! :lol:

Yeah that's the stupid thing about it, all you're doing is getting back the power you lost from worn out parts. :rolleyes:

The N/As are very nippy for a 1.3 but I had a ride in a GT the other day and it's a whole different story once you've got some boost involved lol.

Yeah that's the stupid thing about it, all you're doing is getting back the power you lost from worn out parts. :rolleyes:

The N/As are very nippy for a 1.3 but I had a ride in a GT the other day and it's a whole different story once you've got some boost involved lol.

Mmhmm, when most of our cars are bordering on being 15 years old a good service can make all the difference! Most will be down on power due to lack of servicing, its not too expensive and you can do it all yourself. Well worth it!

Yeah the 4E-FE looks like a pretty good engine, seen 100HP out of one with a few choice mods - not bad going! Can you not just head down a scrappys and pick up a Corolla mani? Or are they off some uber-rare Corolla model thats a pig to find?

Boost is fun, I want more though :lol:

uww.. i just fitted my trd panel filter on.. got rid of the cone filter. but i miss the noise from it...

on a good note, the car seems smoother n a tad nippier. Just miss the grunt from the cone filter.. :rolleyes:

Might get the oil changed. I want 100bhp!

uww.. i just fitted my trd panel filter on.. got rid of the cone filter. but i miss the noise from it...

on a good note, the car seems smoother n a tad nippier. Just miss the grunt from the cone filter.. :rolleyes:

Might get the oil changed. I want 100bhp!

Depending on how long it is before I can afford insurance on a GT I'm aiming for 100+ with the N/A :lol:

Good news matey!!

How much is a dizzy cap and rotor arm? Going to service the GT next weekend :rolleyes:

Rolla mani should deffo be next on the list :lol:

http://starletgtturbo.co.uk/9.html

£32 + del for both. Could go to Mr.T with part nums and order it directly if you wanted, they'll probs have it in next day.

And Sparky, do you mean a Corolla inlet mani for yours or Ste's? Thought you had a GT with 4EFTE? lol

Although some people do put those manis on the 4EFTE :lol:

Now I've caused some confusion haha :rolleyes:

I've got a 4EFTE rotor arm, I bought it a few months ago when I serviced my N/A thinking FE/FTE rotor arms were the same but they aren't.

They're £17 from Toyota, it's yours for a tenner if you want it, no use to me - I don't think I'll leave it lying around until I get a GT it will get lost or something lol.