I got the dreaded visit to the dentist today :(

Dont you just hate the dentist?

I had an appointment booked for the other week, but decided to cancel it and re-arrange it because my works dental plans starts off in a month or so, and if I sign upto it, then I dont have to pay for dental work.

Or so that was the plan

woke up this morning with one hell of a tooth ache, couldnt lie down because the pain just got worse, took paracetamol, and nurofen, nothing :p

After sitting up for like 5-10 mins, the pain would pretty much go, as soon as I'd try to sleep again it comes back.

So instead I had to ring the dentist and get them to fit me in today to get it sorted, and to top it off, i cracked a tooth yesterday and the one I have tooth ache in needs a filling in, so I'm gonna get raped on charges now! I'm hoping they dont have an emergency appointment charge or I might as well drop my pant and lube up for an arse shafting as soon as I walk through the door!

Anyone else hate dentists? Not looking forward to the injections :thumbsup:

try being so scared of needles you have filling without them... no kind of pain refleaf...now that hurts lol

i hate the dentist!!!

Used to do so when I was younger.

Ended up having the tooth pulled, my wisdom tooth was pushing against it and the bit that needed filling was quite deep.

Ah well, its out now, took 5 injections to numb my face enough to pull it out and I could still slightly feel it :thumbsup:

Gotta go back in March to have the other filling done because I couldnt have both sides of my mouth numbed up to fuck haha

Need to wait for the bleeding to stop now before I can eat anything :p

And to top it off, I'm freaking starving!

:lol: I am fine with my dentist. For the past 3-4 Years I've needed zero treatment :(

You lot must not brush right.

I brush ok, I'll typically have at least one bottle of coke/pepsi every day :p

I was all good for ages then my dentist left and got a new one

"yeah you need a filling.."

"Eh?"

She then go her mirrors out and showed me the smallest hole in the world grr! oh well.

I hate that, pretty sure they just want my money

My one charges the same regardless if is 1,2 or 3 fillings though, but they never let me wait till next time when I'll need 2 doing, just 1 every time. Grr

The injection in the roof of your mouth does sting a little bit too

The last time i went to the dentist i was given an overdose of the numbing stuff. It's based on age so they guessed my weight and if you have seen me i am like a pole. Made me sleep for 2-3 days. Was ill afterwards as well. That was 8 years ago and i look after my teeth so i never go back.

Bourkey

The last time i went to the dentist i was given an overdose of the numbing stuff. It's based on age so they guessed my weight and if you have seen me i am like a pole. Made me sleep for 2-3 days. Was ill afterwards as well. That was 8 years ago and i look after my teeth so i never go back.

Bourkey

I hope that doesnt happen to me, I've just had 5 of the bastard injections! lol

It varies depending on what your jaw is like I think Meg. My sister had hers on for at least a year I think.

Anesthetic has finally worn off, no pain where the tooth was, just need to get rid of the blood taste now, and to eat some food! lol

Dont you just hate the dentist?

I had an appointment booked for the other week, but decided to cancel it and re-arrange it because my works dental plans starts off in a month or so, and if I sign upto it, then I dont have to pay for dental work.

Or so that was the plan

woke up this morning with one hell of a tooth ache, couldnt lie down because the pain just got worse, took paracetamol, and nurofen, nothing :p

After sitting up for like 5-10 mins, the pain would pretty much go, as soon as I'd try to sleep again it comes back.

So instead I had to ring the dentist and get them to fit me in today to get it sorted, and to top it off, i cracked a tooth yesterday and the one I have tooth ache in needs a filling in, so I'm gonna get raped on charges now! I'm hoping they dont have an emergency appointment charge or I might as well drop my pant and lube up for an arse shafting as soon as I walk through the door!

Anyone else hate dentists? Not looking forward to the injections :p

FORGET paracetamol/ nurofen for that sort of stuff!

YOU NEED SOLPADIENE PLUS!!!!!!!!! Thats the dogs danglies for pain killing :lol:

Injections do nothing to me at the dentist or doctors!! Kinda hurts hence why i try not to go! :(

dont usually mind dentists.. dreadin my orthodontic appointment next friday tho.. braces :p.. its a good thing my dad offered to pay :lol: ahh really not looking forward to it.. how long do they stay on for.. anyone know??

x

Watch out for stray pubes! :(

The braces will stay on for as long as it takes i'm afraid!

Totally feel for you mate really do Tooth Ache is one of the worst hope you feel better soon :lol:

I had a really bad bike crash when I was 17, wasn't wearing a helmet. Buggered my face and lost two teeth, had a bridge for 7 years but was doing my head in so last year had dental implants with titanium rods(suits you sir). 4k later and I can finally bite an apple and baguette as they are stronger than normal teeth and look normal again! Still paying it off now luckily my dentist was nice, could see I was self employed and let me pay off small amounts each month but have a few years left to go!!!!

Anyhow let us know how you get on sure it will be better soon.

T

Its out now anyway lol, just weird getting use to a gap being there, but its good in a way, because my wisdom tooth is pushing against it, it prob would've had to have come out anyway, so the wisdom tooth can grow in properly now.

Crikey, and I was pissed paying £39, let alone 4k!