Yeah i know what you mean, i would of been screwed if i didnt have my sander.

It was practically metal where i fillered.. just i fillered a little surrounding after that. Otherwise, i rubbed the shine off of the rest to primer, as otherwise it wouldnt of stuck, but i did have a bit of guidence from a guy from a bodyshop :)

Can be a bitch, fingers crossed it wont happen to me :)

The primer is lighter over the filler, which is annoying, but i will give it another coat when i finish the bottom half.

How is the car coming along though Stevo - is it back on the road yet?

Heres todays progress.

Inspection of yesterdays job.. very happy with it. A few niggles to rub down, nothing major

72_Bodyworks_002_1.jpg

Add some more filler... and add some more sanding..

72_Bodyworks_015_1.jpg

Me in sanding mode..

72_Bodyworks_017_1.jpg

After engaging the sanding mode..

72_Bodyworks_026_1.jpg

Primered.

72_Bodyworks_027_1.jpg

Its the most bodge job repair ive seen, its all bulgey and wierd. Nothing a bit of sanding will sort.. i need to nip to homebase and get some sanding pads tomorrow... need more primer too come to think of it :)

Thanks Craig :) Good comments = Making work worth while.

Its not the best of jobs ive seen, more to the point its lumpy and not all straight, BUT, to think i have done it so far, with mainly my first ever time with bodyworks, im fairly proud of it, considering i was thinking it would go terribly wrong and id have to throw in the towel.

Well.. I started today by not being able to find my keys, as ive been working on the car non-stop this weekend... i didnt lock the car, hence, didnt use the keys. It was a tough time looking for them but i found them in the end...

72_Monday_001_1.jpg

.. Yeah.. im stupid.

So on for inspecting yesterdays job.. terrible, not smooth, all bumpy, and its not any where near straight, but im still proud of it for a first time job.

72_Monday_004_1.jpg

Oh well, lets start the other side. Before starting - all marked out with what needs attention

72_Monday_009_1.jpg

Then i decided to take my rear bumper off so its easier to work on the area without sanding the bumper aswell..

72_Monday_013_1.jpg

Then set about sanding it and then started the filler. One skim allowed me to rub down and primer one area, and the other areas needed a little more attention.

72_Monday_034_1.jpg

72_Monday_040_1.jpg

And after a bit more graft.. And a primer run-out :)

72_Monday_055_1.jpg

And the other side is getting better now..

72_Monday_057_1.jpg

All coming along :)

As soon as my mum gets back from work i shall go and get some primer, maybe two bottles this time.. :p Then i shall primer the rear panels, and then primer my front bumper too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...