Radio control cars

I am opening myself right up for some abuse here but I was wondering if anyone on here was into R/C cars?

I don't really like driving them much but I love taking them to bits and sometimes putting them back together.

I've just finished JDM styling up my Impreza WRC.

Tom (aged 24 and a half) :(

Yes mate.

Had R/C cars from an early age.

Currently got:

FG Marder 1/6th scale 23cc unleaded.

HPI RS4 2, nitro.

Good laugh buts its a sessional thing for me, a mate of mine has 25 odd including old school Tamiyas worth hundreds if not thousands!

They ruled my life at one point lol, i love them all from old tamiyas to the latest buggys and trucks, ive currently got about 9 but i will probly be selling them in the future, i never have the time for them anymore :( , good fun tho, and like you said great fun building them and repairing them :)

shumacher made serious R/C cars.

My xtr21 would wheelie like a cunt.

I made a homemade wheelie wheel... broke on first run (shit concept), 21 had too much power regardless! lol. Back in 2004..

Sidewheeliebar.jpg

Yeah i was big into them as well.....

Had a CEN MT a Kyosho a Traxxas rustler........erm a few Tamyia's..etc

F-ing mental flying my old monster truck acoss an old school yard up a grass bank clearing about a 10-12 foot gap and 5ft up onto a wall and ledge.......beast!

Tbh Im not suprised that a good few of us are or have been into R/C. I started out with a Tamiya Nitro entry level 1/10th back in the day. That was a laugh and really got me into it. Unfortunately it was quite cheap and kept going wrong and costing a fortune. :)

Then I moved onto the first HPI Sprint they made which was immense fun, spent hundreds and hundreds on it. Made it very quick indeed. HPI are the daddy of r/c imo, such quality parts and fairly affordable.

Then a few years ago I was silly bought the Schumacher XT21 80mph truck pictured above. I owned it for 1 week, was too fast so I took it back! It was absolutely insane, you'd need an entire airfield to run it properly. It would literally take off and become airborne at the slightest hint of a bump or dip in a carpark.

The Xray T1 is a work of art though and brushless motors are sweet too I had one in the sprint. I just loved the sprint in the way you could adjust the camber, toe in, ride height, spring preload etc, you could even change the type and weight of oil in the shocks. it was like having your own minuture race car, tuned to perfection. :) Ahhh, I miss those days :(

was well into it when i was about 14/15

had a kyosho stadium truck which was pretty cool for off roading, and a tamiya for on-road

Only proplem was the reliability though :( , they ALWAYS seemed to break and id be spending more time fixing them then using it! lol

was well into it when i was about 14/15

had a kyosho stadium truck which was pretty cool for off roading, and a tamiya for on-road

Only proplem was the reliability though :( , they ALWAYS seemed to break and id be spending more time fixing them then using it! lol

I had this exact same experience with all of mine. Always always had some little problem to attend to, thats just the way they are which regretably puts me off buying one again. Too much distraction with the real car now anyway :)

I had this exact same experience with all of mine. Always always had some little problem to attend to, thats just the way they are which regretably puts me off buying one again. Too much distraction with the real car now anyway :)

too right , must have spent a bomb on spare parts for it. Ah well got the real thing now to mess with :(

why where on rc cars guys i got a haboe hyper8 buggy for sale i only want 280 ono for it , its brand new still used 2 times and run in proply comes with everything needed to run accept fuel so theres like 500 quid of bits lol only reason for sale is i dont use it bought it to do pro racing with bro and he stoped so under the bed it went pm me if any ones intrested in it