help please (yes im a fud)

right, its snowing, you go to an empty car park (marks and spencer) and have some fun (i did one handbraker then left) the police were sitting a fair bit away in tesco car park, they saw me do it, roar after me and then charge me with careless driving WHEN there was no cars present and there was no people walking about.

now im guessing the car park is private property? so can they charge you on private property?

but anyway thats me practically banned now, just waiting for a court date.

where do i stand? should i fight them since it wasnt really "careless" as such, or just sit back and get banned?

i know il get slated for being a chav or a twat but i bet 99% of people here have done it..... :D

thanks

Thats soo gutting mate!! I would be so annoyed if the same happened to me. And yes definatly fight it, yes its private property and they will properly say that you didnt have permission to be in there, or some bollocks like that!

And yes i did exactly the same thing just the other day :D

Best of luck

Adam

they cant do you for it mate, happened to me last year, if it goes to court, because it was snowing say you just span out due to the weather conditions, and you could bring it up in court the fact that it IS private roads, and say in court, why were the coppers in a car park watching you instead of finding druggies or uninsured drivers etc

it was a big ish car park with one parked car at the other end, and it joins onto a council car park. my uncle is a shit hot lawyer so il see him sat, just scared if i fight it, il get a bigger fine and longer ban

BUT i did do something stupid and im facing the consequences!!

^^ funny you say that! they appeared in front of me on the way home and the flashers went on and i shat myself as i thought they wanted me again!! but they just stopped me and got the car behind me, a change of pants was required when i went home

im off to the car park tomorrow to read all the signs and see who owns it etc, but they will claim i did it in the council car park, so is that private as well?

im going like a trooper here trying to find stuff out!!

right, its snowing, you go to an empty car park (marks and spencer) and have some fun (i did one handbraker then left) the police were sitting a fair bit away in tesco car park, they saw me do it, roar after me and then charge me with careless driving WHEN there was no cars present and there was no people walking about.

now im guessing the car park is private property? so can they charge you on private property?

but anyway thats me practically banned now, just waiting for a court date.

where do i stand? should i fight them since it wasnt really "careless" as such, or just sit back and get banned?

i know il get slated for being a chav or a twat but i bet 99% of people here have done it..... :D

thanks

mate u shouldnt have admitted to it in the police car. do they have proof?

i got away with dangerous driving for skidding around a car park in a subaru denied all knowledge they had me on video and everything. they couldnt proove it was me driving because i was out of shot of the cameras a few times and anyone could have been at the wheel. i was pulled over in the car park and denied it. they said in thier statement i addmited.

still, deny it its your word against the police in the car most of the time they will end up not appearing in courtif u think your getting banned then why not?

and it more than likley wont be private property if its marks and spencers car park

they saw it clear as day dude, i was already out the car with my hands behind my back (in a joking way) before they even got out the car!!

but im gonna get banned anyway, so might as well make a farse of it :D

they saw it clear as day dude, i was already out the car with my hands behind my back (in a joking way) before they even got out the car!!

but im gonna get banned anyway, so might as well make a farse of it :D

telling you mate go for it lol they had me on camera lol i was standing in court with a petted lip waiting to be banned watching myself skid about like an idiot and u see me getting pulled over by the police too and the judge says they couldnt proove. they wont have a video of you doing it and i presume you never signed a statement so its your word against theirs. i think you will get away with it bud honestly

good luck

eek i did sign a statement tho...............but its wierd tho, as they didnt give me any paper docs to say anything? i thought i would have got a red slip or some shan dan!

if all else fails...........me, handbrake turn........what? :D

You bulb :D.

Anyway i'd check the carpak as tey are ususally council property maintained by the council and patroled by council employed security

etc. With any luck the court will see the charge a bit harsh and just give you a fine or points.

Bourkey

Gutted for you mate, that's real unlucky. :D

Get some proper legal advice and see how it goes mate. I was in a similar position for driving on the phone.

If taking it to court, what have you got to lose? A few hundred quid, surely worth it imo. I wish I took my case to court, but people were telling me I'd have coppers legal aid to pay for etc etc but it's not true. Only thing I can think of are the court costs, similar thing happened to my cousin aswell actually. Can't remember what exactly what it was for but he was trying to avoid three points, total costs to him were £115. £60 fine, £40 court fees and I can't remember what the other £15 was for.

Best thing I can say is to get some proper advice though buddy, I wish I did that at the time of mine aswell!

personally id still deny signing it lol has worked for me I've been givin enough points to lose 2 licenses lol and denied everything and i only have 3 on mine and 6 more to go up for. 1 for a cracked window;-S and the other for a hole in the exhaust:-S on a 20 year old mk2 xr2

yeah , my uncle is a shit hot lawyor in inverness, been speaking to him already and going to see him sat. ovbiously he cant defend me, but he has other lawyors in his company so hopefully get something sorted!!

if not, it will be taken off the road and td04'd.................cant wait for the insurance next year!!!

yeah , my uncle is a shit hot lawyor in inverness, been speaking to him already and going to see him sat. ovbiously he cant defend me, but he has other lawyors in his company so hopefully get something sorted!!

if not, it will be taken off the road and td04'd.................cant wait for the insurance next year!!!

will be about a year before it goes to court anyway.

good luck to you mate really feel for you

let us know how u get on

I think the best thing to do is speak to your lawyer, and get some advice first.

If it is taken to court, then I would get a letter from your employer to say you really need your car for work. (If you do need it that bad)

Tell them you spun out of control, they have no proof at all that you didn't.

Good luck though, and let us know how it goes.

eek see thats the point tho, i already got 3 points, and im like 3 months away from my 2 years driving GAWD DAMMIT.............and i cant claim i didnt recieve the court letter as it need a signature when its posted, im hoping they just take 3 months to send it out.....