front mounted intercooler

I have just purchased a h-reg toyota starlet gt turbo and like everybody i want it to go faster i have already got a stainless exhaust, air filter, magnicore leads but i would like to chip my car but first i want to get the intercooler in the front. i have been looking around on the internet and theintercooler kits are around £700+. I am a HGV mechanic by trade and have a wagon intercooler which i am considering modyifying BUT i would appreciate anybody that has one fitted to reply with some info on how hard they are to fit and were the pipes are ran basicly would you do it yourself or just buy one. cheers people i appreciate the help

this im not too sure of buddy as i drive an NA..

there is a guy over on the au starlet site that managed to make a truck core fit on his fte..i think his name is joko over on www.austarletclub.com.

a simple conversion alot of people use in japan is an rx7 top mount.

another avenue to think about are water to air charge coolers..

check out www.braidedlines.com on that site there is a guy called dale who fabricates them.. check it out as they look cool as fuck!

he also makes different sizes of normal intercoolers..

hope any of that might help you bro

spot on bud i need all the info i can get i will visit those sites during the week and report on my progress didnt think i wud get any replies you guyes are a gud help its better to be able to get different oppinions. i got the website on the write up in the magazine about a track day so is there alot of starlet meet ups around the country, hw do i find out about them . cheers mate 4 your help ltz mark..

coolio bro.. there was a more indepth uksc site but the server chrased taking with it all the technical articles, 8000 odd posts and general starlet info amased over 9 months ..

there is alot more work needed to do on this site.including a regional meets section.

the show season is over mostly for this year but next year will be alot more fruitful..

where abouts in the country do you stay buddy?

mate, if you want turbo advise, its best to o to toyotagtturbo.com

for a front mount, you can get a large one off a guy called pete (username:patbeemer) for £400 but you need to remove your air con. or you can get it from a guy called sacha (username:WickedEP) he'll sell them for $580ish I think and its smaller and you keep the air con.

both prices include postage too.

you can also get a blitz kit for £800ish but the hoses arn't up to much and as I mentioned those alternatives above arn't branded, but apparently of very high quality, I plan to go for a WickedEP myself in the future if I don't get a charge cooler.

Im from cumbria carlisle on the border between england and scotland. fuk all in the means of people to ask for advice well chufed with this site i now have so many ideas in my head just not the money to back it up ha ha.bet your all in the same boat. tomorrow night i will visit all these sites that you have gave me and report back. ltz mark

i like the sound of that intercooler by wicked ep sounds reasnable is that price including pipes and stuff how do i get more info on it.

yea the back roads are great around my house i dont do all the sitting in car parks on a night i would prefer to slip my car into high boost and fly around the back roads. in town you just get these 1.2 novas tryin to race ya then defening ya wid there cherry bomb.. yea i know m-sport i used to prepere the cars for sprayin on my works experiance. Malcom Wilson just lives about 7 mile down the road. Yea glasgow is about 90 miles away so about an hour and a half with no traffic, is that were you live glasgow. ltz marra