how do you get this chatter sound

One with a hard spring so it only dumps under very high boost.

Some bovs such as the Greddy Type S, Hks ssqv and many others can adjust the spring tension. Just wind it all the way in and the valve stops dumping, leading to turbo stall and that lovely chatter.

Some bovs such as the Greddy Type S, Hks ssqv and many others can adjust the spring tension. Just wind it all the way in and the valve stops dumping, leading to turbo stall and that lovely chatter.

so doing that will it give me the dumpvalve sounds and the chatter? hmmm just that vid has both

i have a hks ssqv were bouts is the spring,tricky to get to?

just to add to pav's comment only the old hks bovs can be adjusted, as i think you have a 2nd gen hks bov iamlegend?

Edit: also if you dont run a bov under high boost you will still get a kinda bov dump sounds as the air is being forced through the turbo find more you tend to get the flutter on slightly lower boost levels or not full throttle

just to add to pav's comment only the old hks bovs can be adjusted, as i think you have a 2nd gen hks bov iamlegend?

Edit: also if you dont run a bov under high boost you will still get a kinda bov dump sounds as the air is being forced through the turbo find more you tend to get the flutter on slightly lower boost levels or not full throttle

hmmm i have this 1

22012009513.jpg

Mine has the ultimate chatter for a 4EFTE. No dump valve, no air filter, no mesh, nothing but bare turbo :D. God you should hear it. I love it and after all these months i still not bored one tiny bit :D. Ask those who have heard it. It is shweeeeeet

Bourkey

thanks lads :D

oh 1 other thing, ive been reading some comments on that vid and people are saying it may damage the turbo :D . is that possible?

Some people say its bad, some people say its fine. Ive had my blocked off before and it does sound great but there's that little voice in the back of my head saying that it could be fucking up the turbo so i'm running the dump valve again. Its up to you but ive spent quite alot of money on my hybrid setup and i dont wanna risk screwing it up!

Ive blocked all mine and have a TRD panel filter in stock box.. Can hear mine and sounds sweet.. Obviously it will be louder if u have an induction kit... Ive had a HQS and it wasnt adjustable.. Only the old HKS 1 is adjustable i think :)