New From Sheffield Advice Please :)

Spesh, all we guys are saying is, it might just be worth getting an N/A for now, just until you get experienced. I've been driving mine for about 2 years now, and only now am I thinking about getting a turbo. It pays off, especially when it makes insurance more affordable.

EDIT: Didn't see that you had a year and a half's no claims. Still can be worth driving an N/A, plus you could swap out the 4EFE for a 4EFTE, for ultimate sleeperness.

i think if you want something bad enough u will just have to pay the insurance for it, i had an imprezza at 18 and paid 3 grand insurance, had a laugh in it luckily never crashed it lol just be carefull jumping into a fast car mate im sure u will get a decent price on insurance, good luck hope u find a good 1

i think if you want something bad enough u will just have to pay the insurance for it, i had an imprezza at 18 and paid 3 grand insurance, had a laugh in it luckily never crashed it lol just be carefull jumping into a fast car mate im sure u will get a decent price on insurance, good luck hope u find a good 1

thanks pal i just need to get shopping around and saving :thumbsup:

An impreza at 18, then you move down to a starlet????? Has someone farted???

An impreza at 18, then you move down to a starlet????? Has someone farted???

well u try paying 3 grand insurance mate plus the fuel, then the attention u get from the police when driving a scooby. dont get lippy! im telling the guy that he can get whatever car he wants, just beause u said u couldnt handle a fast car due to inexperiene doesnt mean he cant!

EDIT- and i dont think moving to a glanza from an imprezza is a stepdown. i prefer the glanza lots more fun, cheaper to run and not as common as muck!

calm down people we all hav to learn things on our own, i had a scooby for my first car left school at 16 got my apprenticeship saved for a year got it on road few days after i past test and smashed it that nite, hit a wall at 60mph (to much drifting) luckily know 1 was 2 badly hurt but i hav learned my lesson for sure, and after tht i went to a lil fiesta and just worked my way up from there

calm down people we all hav to learn things on our own, i had a scooby for my first car left school at 16 got my apprenticeship saved for a year got it on road few days after i past test and smashed it that nite, hit a wall at 60mph (to much drifting) luckily know 1 was 2 badly hurt but i hav learned my lesson for sure, and after tht i went to a lil fiesta and just worked my way up from there

thanks people for all the advice

i dont think a glanza is a step down from a scooby either nt when u compare a scooby to been bout 220 bhp and then some glanzas been 240 bhp and been light as fook

alll the people who have made useful comments have decent cars

and mate you may have had turbod corsas and all that s**t but youve gt an sr i was asking for advice nt someone to tell me what i can and cant drive :)

Any more offensive or snidey comments will not be tolerated people and will be effectively dealt with.

Please keep on topic. This is a welcome thread.

Its not a good example for the site and does not do you or anyone any favours newbies especially.

Have some respect for other members and their wishes.

Remember this is your forum, it is what you make of it.

well said spesh i love hummpin scoobys in my wee 1.3 glanza and yeh your rite drive wht u want mate sure u will b careful with it and have lots of fun, so have u managed 2 get a better insurance quote yet

nope nt managed to get a better insurance quote yet ,my cars off road atm needs a new gearbox but im hopin to get it sold asap to get a Glanza ,hw much u spent on your glanza to get 200bhp ?

am not totally sure cause i bought it with all the stuff thts done but i know there must b near 20gs spent on it with all the suspension set up, forged engine, turbo and all tht shit.

The is fourms on here telling u stage by stage on how 2 get your car 2 about 200bhp.

yo glanza 219 not having a dig but text speak is really frowned upon here, if you can

@spesh

if you check the tutorials section in the top should help you with your question

yo glanza 219 not having a dig but text speak is really frowned upon here, if you can

@spesh

if you check the tutorials section in the top should help you with your question

yeh no problem bud just hard getting used cause done it for so long but will try :lol: