New From Sheffield Advice Please :)

hi im josh from sheffield

Im thinking about getting a glanza V ,Im 18 .19 in july with a year and half no claims rate want one but im getting more and more f**d of with insurance companies saying 'sorry we aren't looking to insure someone your age '.how old are you lot with glanza Vs and what insurance company you with and whats your premiums ?

Thanks

Im thinking about getting a glanza V ,Im 18 .19 in july with a year and half no claims rate want one but im getting more and more f**d of with insurance companies saying 'sorry we aren't looking to insure someone your age '.how old are you lot with glanza Vs and what insurance company you with and whats your premiums ?

Thanks

Learn to walk before you can run

i dint get mt first starlet gt turbo till i woz 20 mate and my insurance woz still quite high id get a sr to start with and move up 2 a glanza when u can afford 1 without worring bout insurance

Learn to walk before you can run

Yeah I would say Good advice Damien, but they're not exactly supercar territory lol!Yeah when I was 18 I had corolla GTi's and moved on to a 250bhp Rover 220turbo but insurance was only 600quid back then. If you shop around you may find someone that will insure you if it's what you want but the sound advice is get quotes for GT's as well because they have the same potential yet more companies will quote you. I've seen a lot of young lads and girls get these and pay stupid amounts of money just for insurance...

I know its hard at your age but stay with a cheap to insure car maybe the SR or Glanza S until you can get insured on what you really want.

Thanks

You may need to join the forum but this has been covered here http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26

Good luck with whatever you decide. Never know we may meet up in the future meets;)

Yeah I would say Good advice Damien, but they're not exactly supercar territory lol!Yeah when I was 18 I had corolla GTi's and moved on to a 250bhp Rover 220turbo but insurance was only 600quid back then. If you shop around you may find someone that will insure you if it's what you want but the sound advice is get quotes for GT's as well because they have the same potential yet more companies will quote you. I've seen a lot of young lads and girls get these and pay stupid amounts of money just for insurance...

I know its hard at your age but stay with a cheap to insure car maybe the SR or Glanza S until you can get insured on what you really want.

Lol, not exactly supercar territory, but more than enough to catch an inexperienced driver out, i've been there, had the turbo'd corsa's, been in situations where inexperience got the better of me, luckily enough i've managed to put things right, then there's the stupid insurance, it's worth the wait matey, get something low insurance, don't crash, it pays in the end, anyway, rant over:)

was 18 when i got my glanza with 0ncb and a non fault accident on my record and got insured fine with NFU Mutual now 19 with 1 years ncb got my renewal through at 87 a month ;) good times just shop about mate

ps im from rotherham

was 18 when i got my glanza with 0ncb and a non fault accident on my record and got insured fine with NFU Mutual now 19 with 1 years ncb got my renewal through at 87 a month :D good times just shop about mate

ps im from rotherham

thanks for the positive replys :D ill just keep shopping around and all been well ill get it cheap enough so keep your eye out ;) is there any meets in like yorkshire /derbyshire area ?

Could go for a uk n/a? when i was 17/18 i was about coming in my pants over GT's but i have a uk n/a and there a right laugh tbh. its fun catching all the RUDES out in there saxos.

as for meets, im from staffs/derbys/leics around that area, so im up for anything..

Mitch

I just want a glanza v something thats rate nice to look at and a proper f***ing sleeper .this euro phase is doin my head in atm ive got a punto mk2 and i just want something reliable and fast /daily usage . want it to be around 150-170bhp mark ,i dont mind travelling for meets aslong as it dunt take piss like london or owt

I just want a glanza v something thats rate nice to look at and a proper f***ing sleeper .this euro phase is doin my head in atm ive got a punto mk2 and i just want something reliable and fast /daily usage . want it to be around 150-170bhp mark ,i dont mind travelling for meets aslong as it dunt take piss like london or owt

Good luck insuring a car around that power mark, you need to work your way up. Why not buy an n/a starlet and turbo it? Most people know what a glanza has under the bonnet anyway.

Im 19

0NCB but 1 years driving experiance

Insured with Adrian Flux

Oh and i have a Glanza :thumbsup:

was 18 when i got my glanza with 0ncb and a non fault accident on my record and got insured fine with NFU Mutual now 19 with 1 years ncb got my renewal through at 87 a month :p good times just shop about mate

ps im from rotherham

why good luck insuring one ? if they can do it why cant I ?and no thanks i dont want an SR prefer Glanza Vs :rolleyes:

surely it will work out more to turbo an SR and why mess about with that trying to make something thats already been manufactured .im sure toyota will make a better turbo 1.3 than someone building it in a garage and bodging it together ?

surely it will work out more to turbo an SR and why mess about with that trying to make something thats already been manufactured .im sure toyota will make a better turbo 1.3 than someone building it in a garage and bodging it together ?

Umm, not really, i've insured turbo'd corsas before, not been stupidly high, plus a turbo sr looks loads better in my opinion, and it'll be unique, not many about. And I take it you're not very good with a set of spanners then??

Umm, not really, i've insured turbo'd corsas before, not been stupidly high, plus a turbo sr looks loads better in my opinion, and it'll be unique, not many about. And I take it you're not very good with a set of spanners then??

im fine with a set of spanners thanks im nt a mechanic by any means but im sure i posted this up about glanzas nt SR's

but yer each to their own:harhar: :thumbsup:

Bell direct mate am 19-20 in july 1 years no claims 2 years drivin and am only £700 for year just b careful tho buddy i have written off a couple of fast cars not very kl liks

ive tried flexibell pal is bell direct any different ?

It's not exact but a Glanza is basically an SR with a bodykit and a turbo...