Air filters website?

I wouldn't trust power gain claims from power filters, because it's all relative to the engine - ie. They claim 15BHP, but that's when used with an RB26DETT

I had a link to an impartial filter comparison but I can find it anymore, I'm sure someone here knows the one I mean, and hopefully they'll post the link for you.

That's the one, cheers Joem.

The apexi power intake basically comes out best, you can get them cheap off e-bay, but these usually don't come with the right fitments or fixing brackets like the car specific kit's which cost a lot more. But these can be fabricated pretty easily.

I've always been a fan of K&N after reading an article by David Vizard (mini + V8 tuning legend) who did a comparison against that and several other filters including metal filters on an independant flow bench. The K&N had the best airflow and the best filtration, a metal filter had slightly better flow but it let through huge amounts of dust.

The K&N is a wet (oiled) filter though and the Apexi is a dry filter, which allows for better flow.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well it seems that K&N air filters can deposit oil on the Air/Fuel Sensor which I guess the starlet has, so steel would be better, it's more expensive but would last for ages and should sound a bit more throaty too :huh:

Didn't have these new fangled A/F sensors on the twin SUs on my Mini :p