Help My Car Has Started Smoking?

Ive tried nicotine patches but that didnt help,

All joking aside I think the bitch is on here last legs in some department but dont know where to start.

Done a bit of research and im hoping its just the turbo thats shat itself. But it doesnt smoke when i think it should if it were the turbo. It smokes when say ive been out for 10 - 15 mins ive then turned the car off for 5 mins while ive nipped into the shop or what ever then gone back out in the car then it smokes, its mainly when traveling at slow speeds/in traffic and only does it for a minuite or so. Its a blueish smoke and stinks like burning oil. On boost its fine, coming off boost its fine. It just in the above situation. Also ive noted she is burning more oil than usual according to the dipstick.

Recently she had all oil, filter and plugs changed. The only other thing ive changed is ive added a fmic and been able to up the boost a bit.

I did notice though that my intercooler pipes just from the outlet of the turbo had a nice layer of oil on the old tmic, and i know it still putting oil into the intercooler pipes because that how i found a leak i had.

Does this sound like a fubared turbo or something else? If it is the turbo how long can i expect it to last?

Any help apriciated.

David.

i would put my bets on valve stem seals (little rubber washer things around the valve seats) or a head gasket.

does it smoke on idle? leave it to idle for 2-3minutes then give it a good rev if it puts smoke out the exhaust it might be the valve stem seals.

My car never blue smoked on boost or coming off boost but i found it would puff a bit and smell starting and stopping in traffic, i changed the tubby to a hybrid and found there to be a good bit of oil in the intercooler pipes. Now the new tubby is in there it doesnt blue smoke anymore, still smells a bit, but its more like a fuel smell now, but i think all cars running decats smell a bit more anyway :thumbsup:

@Glanza_cl did exactly what you said, out warmed her up idle the revs no smoke at all.

@WallaceGlanza my breather is plumbed into my efi pipe which also has a nice layer of oil in it now.

@starlybruiser this is EXACTLY what mine is doing, im always in traffic when it happens so can never get the car to a place i can check it properly. Also since i de catted mine it stinks of fuel.

In conclusion it sound like the turbo yeah?

Thanks for all the help, i must contribute some money to this website when i have a job again, saves me fucking about all the time. Quick one starlybruiser, how long did you run it for whilst it smoked? I have enough money saved to td04 it now but dont have a job atm so daren't spend all that money till ive got a job secured. Need it to last till im employed.

Thanks Again

Mine was smoking for a good 3-4 months but then last week it really did start to puff LMAO :rolleyes: every time i was stuck in traffic on the way home from work lol and it would gas every fuker in the traffic jam lol.

I wouldnt worry about it until it really starts to pour out, it should last a while just take it easy lol stay off that right foot! lol

Cheers buddy, starlybrusier :thumbsup: