Hey guys i have this inlet mani waiting to go on but was just wondering what car/engine it is off so i can get the correct gasket for it

inletmani.jpg

Also has anyone got one of these on ther 4efe and what else do i need to fit it?

Thanks Sparky

its the 4efte/5efhe inlet manifold.. you can re use the old gasket thats on the car mate.

geo tried one of these on his old blue ep91. it sounded really nice.

and actually the most powerful version of the 4efe @80-99BHP came in the ep82 gi (a gt without the fte) which came with this manifold.

toyota_starlet_gi.jpg

gi.gif

Rich.

yep. i'll go straight on.

you wont be able to fit the standard airbox though as the mani is shorter than the normal one.

Rich.

you cant re map the ecu's mate... besides the ecu will adjust the fueling to suit the amount of air coming in. the only thing i found was a pain was that the new inlet mani allowed the power to keep coming right up to the rev limiter... whereas before is was out of puff by 5k, which makes me think it could do with having a slightly higher rev limit.

the only thing i found was a pain was that the new inlet mani allowed the power to keep coming right up to the rev limiter...

But thats a good thing tho aint it Rich?

Can't wait til 2moro mate hehe!

Peace Out :lol:

Joz

Hi Sparky mate

Hope the new mani goes well for you once its installed.

Let us know the difference! lol

Ah the joys of an induction kit... nice!!!

Peace Out :lol:

Joz

you got that manifold on 1992 - 1995 4efe corollas. they were 88bhp. 1995 - 1997 versions got the same one as starlet with 74bhp

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wrong! The manifold was maked to 1996. And its on 1996 starlet.

well it doesnt come on any of our n/a starlets over here mate!!

mine is australian spec and it has the same restrictive one that the uk one have!

fair play if you guys get the fte ones!!

and joz, yeah, it is a good thing, but at times i do wish that the rev limit was a little higher!! (i think geo will agree with me on this one!)

Rich.

Wrong! The manifold was maked to 1996. And its on 1996 starlet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I disagree, My old starlet was from the begining of 1996, and it had the same inlet manifold as Martin E. has on his 1997.

You can drop by and see, my brother has my old starlet.