First Refusal Rubbish

is any one else on here fed up with this first refusal rubbish as some of you will have seen my we rant i felt i needed to explain and put this up on here as i apperar to be getting ignored.

i posted up on somthing that was on sale since march that was for sale asking if it was still for sale as some people dont update if stuff been sold which is fair enough being busy and forgetting stuff like that is normal. any way posted ( on the for sale thread not a pm)and asked if that was still for sale was told yes. when i posted in it again after some one said somthing else on the thread i was told that i basicly had secons on it.

i know it hapens all the time but cumon i just feel this is a sneaky way of doing things p'ming polpole on the sly when i was obviously intrested in buying and it being sold to someone else after yuo asked about it but before you could pay.

i know im not a moderator or one of the people that posts a million a month but just because i dont post dosent mean that im not reading about it all and keeping up with the threads that i enjoy but i can see it happening on here and i think its a bit underhanded and i personally wont be inforcing it on the stuff i have for sale on here and on my own website that i run.

sorry for having another rant but i was in the mood. i mean no harm by this and i am not directing this to anyone inperticular so please keep the slaggin of me to min plz

Have to agree with him there.....

the thread hes talking about

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....c=18717&hl=

Again, here i registered interest on the BMC and idrees actually called dibs on it within 33min of TSP posting up and only two people actually registering interest on the BMC in the thread he announced it had gone (dont want to offend geo mate but its an example of what garbla is trying to say)

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....c=17772&hl=

not too sure what went on here but it seems at first the two decent people who wanted the item and registered interest on the thread didnt get it then who was it sold too? ("secret" pm`s rings a bell) now the items up for sale again. Why couldn`t it have gone to the decent lads in the first place? Atleast if we knew who the let down person was, mabe we could watch out in the future....but erm they just sent "secret" pms

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....showtopic=19083

no offence taken, i still dont see what the problem is ithink ive been awake too long today.

in the post you highlighted about the bmcs, i had sent a pm as soon as the post went up wanting to buy, so i dont understand whats going on is it not first come first sirve or am i missing the point here,

been up for hours driving and a right red bull buz on the go so please explain again if you can?

now you have added another link,

instead of posting up in the forsale thred,

perhaps when you see the for sale add pm the seller, thats the first and quickest form of contact is it not??

All im saying, is for everyone to first register interest on the item and not just send "secret" pms so all members know whats going on, and can make other arrangements if they really needed the item ( in garblas case)

like on ebay selling offline isnt allowed (protects buyer and what not) and everything has to go through the site so if anything goes wrong there are rules protecting the buyer...hope it kinda makes sense? its hard to explain it lol :)

thing is if everyone bashed out pms no1 would know who it has been sold to, this would also confuse the seller

no, i understand what your saying now.

but dont really agree, if i want to by something, or say from gumtree or add trader or auto trader i contact the seller, i dont register interest in the item,

in the forsale template contact method usualy says via pm . . . . one of your example states this, and im sure thats how tsls started out as aswell

so to say sly secret pms i dont agree with

so, everyone should just pm? and who ever is lucky enough to get it gets it? even tho the seller might be greedy and sell it to the last person because they offered more even is first person offered the right ammount as stated in the for sale thread?

Its really hard to explain the feeling that.....you stated in the thread you want something and sent a pm yet the items already sold to an anonymous person or dib-ed so you have to wait or get second call.

theres a bit of software out i have saw forums use before it might of been mgzr one but it pretty much like a selling tool attacted to all the items so who ever clicks buy and pays 1st gets it and it had like a best offer button kinda like a mini ebay buy it noe/best offer thing and it gave the seller feedback to so other people knew and felt confident to use them

I can understand the points Garbla and Asad are making but in my eyes its a simple fact of first come first served, nothing to do with sneaky pm's or anything.

If I want something that's for sale I will always pm the person first, I might not even make a post in the thread as why should I? I don't need everyong else seeing what I'm buying.

Its not good if the seller promises the item to somebody then sells it to someone else or sells it for more than he/she was asking for it but thats not what's happening in the cases above, as Jay said money talks (and I say that from a buyers and sellers viewpoint), if you want something say so, don't just ask if the item is available - tell the seller you'll have it if it is.

I am sorry if I have annoyed you mate, I dont feel it is underhand to pm people first to register interest, for after all you did it too 4mins after Idrees, I always check my pms before I check the posts

Sorry on this occasion you lost out mate, could've easily gone the other way though

like i say i ment no disrespect and was not aiming it at u bud i can appreciate that he pm'd u before i did fair enough hes won it. its just frustrating as i dont often pm peps as ive not got a lot to say most of the time so postingmy intrest up dident work this time but if i c somthing i want from now on im just pm'ing peps as i always seem to get beat out of stuff on here and gt turbo just unlucky i guess

wen i broke my car i clearly stated who ever PM's 1st has 1st dibs has i got tired of seein people sayin 1st dibs which usually shows real interest for them to then never send a pm and never wan tthe item and like many others i check my pms 1st no tthe thread,

I know your annoyed mate but if i was selling the item and some1 had PM'd me before u they get priorty :)

ok i do agree there after seeing that the is alot of 'tyre kickers' ive just had experiance. like ive stated in every post im not wanting to cause any hastle and mean no disrespect to anyone on here. as i find this my third home after mine and my new birds house lol. but i can see all point made by other members. just pissed me off at the time and had to vent my frustration. but like sical said indrees got there first. so fair enough.

Its sentimental value that counts ^_^

But thats a really good idea, i think it should be a forum rule - state that you have PM'd just to let others know that if they PM too, they wont be the first and think they have bought something.

Si, i dont think you grasped it, what he means is if someone posts up saying they have pm'd the seller, the other potential buyers will know that they are second in line in a first come first serve community (if that works)

Then the buyer sells it to the first PM they have had - should the sell fall through - sell to second, and so on.