Hello Guys B)

Thought I'd introduce myself, My Names Harry, I'm 19 from Derby, Currently studying Motorsport technology at Derby Uni B) , So I know a fair thing or two about bits and bobs.

I currently Drive a MK1 Renault Clio 16v, and im a well respected member of www.clio16valver.co.uk..

My Clio is Quite fast for what it is, N/A 1.8 with 135bhp (2bhp less than standard lol :p ) and 15.0@91.34mph in the 1/4mile...

Basically I've Joined this Forum as My club had a post the other day about Starlet GT turbo's if anybody knew anything about them, and of Late i've been having lots of trouble with Hubs, bearings, driveshafts on my clio, and tbh Im Getting really pissed off with it now and Fancy selling up..

Now I used to be into my Jap cars when the scene first started in the UK when i was a young Teen, Was brought Up with My uncles 546bhp 3000GT and My Friends Supra with Ridiculous Power :D 771bhp IIRC...But after some arguements I no longer speak to my uncle, and went into the Euro scene with my first Car, and so on...

I've always fancied a Jap car and now seems like the right time to make the Jump back to my roots, I've looked into Insurance ona Starlet GT turbo and there the same as what im paying now on my Valver, So thats no issue

...The Real issue I've got Is departing with my clio, As it is a fantastic car, as It handles Like it's on rails and would put a hell of a lot of things to shame, the Top end's very good, and the Engines are brilliant...But i've just had enough of things going wrong such as Rust, and other little problems here and there..

So my Main question is, Would anybody in the Derby/Midlands area be willing o take me out In a starlet to try and persuade me to get one.

What are the main features of the starlets?

Are they Reliable and do they cope well with modifications on standard internals..

Just want to know what to look out for really apart from the obvious..

Any help would be awesome :D

Thanks

Harry..

Oh here's some pics of my Valver :)

P08-04-09_2014.jpg

P26-01-09_1425.jpg

190920081234.jpg

At French Car show 2008, Mangaged to get a few pics of it in a Magazine..

22062008984.jpg

07032008679.jpg

Thanks for the welcome guys :mellow:

Been flicking through the threads and the guides, some good info, found alot of what I wanted to know,...Read about the Way starlet's handle and that's putting me off a bit lol!! But Still I really want a Glanza....

Is there any Midlands meets that are often? If so I'll pop down and have a butchers and a natter :)

Harry

Thanks for the welcome guys :mellow:

Been flicking through the threads and the guides, some good info, found alot of what I wanted to know,...Read about the Way starlet's handle and that's putting me off a bit lol!! But Still I really want a Glanza....

Is there any Midlands meets that are often? If so I'll pop down and have a butchers and a natter :)

Harry

Starlets handle fine, a few choice mods will always help. plus it's not just how the car handles, it's also down to the driver and his/her limits.