hi andy,

i am going to shoot the questions right back at you:

what are you aiming for?

and why?

what i mean:

trackcar

daily driver

what bhp you aiming for?

first drive it standard, enjoy it and get to know the the car, you will start feeling the need for example:

more power

better handling

etc.

on the base on that feeling go for the according mods.

Also read up on this forum, it's full of usefull info, good luck!

I'd start with the simple stuff.

Get the car handling and stopping right so look at springs and shocks or coilovers, new brakepads and disks and better tyres (often something people overlook!)

If you are lowering the car you will need an adjustable panhard rod for the rear suspension to be correctly aligned.

Then start looking at a new air filter (possibly relocated), manifold, decat (if you want) and exhaust system to get the system flowing properly.

You can do all this whilst running stock boost.

Then get yourself a good boost controller, a rising rate Fuel Pressure regulator (RRFPR) and a Fuel Cut Defender (FCD)

You will then be able to up the boost and once properly set up you should see your target power :)

The above is a very quick and simple explaination of how to get what you want so look around the site and see what else there is to offer as this is not the onlt way.

PS if anyone else wants to add in anything feel free :lol:

Hope it helps

Steve

Ignore Ross.

Coilovers + Strutbars + Service FULLY (Engine Oil, Gearbox Oil, all the filters).

Power stuff is easy.

My car was 166 hp runnin 0.9Bar and its Cat in place meaning I didnt have to worry about all the shite with boost creep when you decat it :D

lol why ignore me wullie? the lad asked i answerd.. if he wants 200+ al tell him how to go about that too ^_^

every one is always so power obsessed its actually quite gay!

full service first mate make sure its running sweet, get a compresion test, dyno run make sure every thing is in good order because there is no point in moddng a poor engine. forget about a power figure for now

then brakes (disks, pads, braided lines)

then suspension (lots of options, think whats right for you, but i would recomend rear arb and anti lift kit)

engine.........dont even bother with it just yet in my opinion. you need to create a solid set up ready for more power.

and when your fully used to the car, have a power figure in mind, do all the planning and all the research on all the parts you need to reach that figure saftly, reliably and problem free in the process.

this may be a bit of a rant (not at you obviously) so many people coming on here now and buying parts willy nilly on peoples recomendations and its leading to endless posts about boost creep fuel cut, how do i sort this? how do i sort that? how do i fit this? ie, putting on an exhaust and filter and then hitting fuel (before they have an actuator, boost gauge, ported wastegate). if they did the research they would know what to expect and would all ready have the measure in place to control this.

my advice is to research every thing you buy and fit.

:lol: im power obsessed but im power with the reliability.. with my set up im pretty safe =]

stoppers and suspension should be in there before going for bigger power. 160ish just a set of uprated pads would be fine imo. springs or coils (i pref coils)