Sat Nav......which Do You Have?

Hey,

Just looking around for a sat nav my budgets around £100, nearly every car owner has one and after the summer exams i want to go places n stuff.

anyone recommend a good one? what to look for? what to avoid?

Thanks, Asad

Cheers guys any model numbers to go with them.....

tbh i want something tried and tested, ill be able to work out how it works even without the manual....not to fussed on looks aswell.

its gotta be tomtom or garmin, everything else is just shite. i sell these everyday.

ive got a tomtom go 500 and a go 710, both have been trouble free, but be aware that the tomtoms are well known to have issues, i.e we get 1 garmin returned to every 3 tomtoms, but we do sell more tomtoms.

the downside with the garmins is that the navi screen doesnt give you as much info as the tomtom.

just do yourself a favour and dont buy a tomtom one v4. had loads of issues with these so far. the v3 is good tho.

Right dudes i chose the Garmin Nuvi 205WT, why?

It came third in the WHICH? magazine review in FEB 09 @ 72% ( number one being a different model garmin @ 75%), also consistently came high in nov/dec 2008 (garmin website)

its priced really well at £125~

praised in all the reviews i read about it (just bash the model No in google)

overall looks like a nice solid piece of kit, mind you it doesnt have the bells and whistles like mp3 and bluetooth.....just does what it says on the box.

for those who dont know about the WHICH? magazine.....it bascially reviews nearly everything you can think about from tyres, mp3 players, tvs, insurance, home appliances without any bias they put the stuff thru there own tests and take into account the companys reliablity etc.....if you planning on buying any electrical stuff take a look, just go to your local central library and ask for the latest issue of the WHICH? magazine they also stock the back issues so you will pretty much find a review for anything in there.