Oil On Exhaust Manifold

ok i swapped my rocker cover and installed fresh gaskets, only messed it up a bit so after a short drive it smelled really funny...

so checked under the hood and it was smoking!!

some oil had leaked on my exhaust manifold and warmed up and started smoking.

I solved the source of the problem, the gasket wasnt fitted 100% but now there is still some oil on my manifold which i can hardly reach. cleaned up as much as possible.

is it harmfull to drive like this??? will i catch on fire? damage the manifold?

asap anwers please cause i actually have to drive 150 km this evening.

Thnx a million!

decat doesnt get as hot as exhaust manifold, but still should be ok but stinks and smokes. better go for a blast in town until smoke is gone before i take it to the highway..

so you guys think it shouldnt be a prob right?

Nope no problem just annoying, let it sit and idle if it helps or as you said take it for a blast with some boost let it heat up nicely to burn off the oil

decat doesnt get as hot as exhaust manifold, but still should be ok but stinks and smokes. better go for a blast in town until smoke is gone before i take it to the highway..

so you guys think it shouldnt be a prob right?

True but I did also have oil spraying onto the mani, really it will be fine mate.

Thanks guys!!!

I survived yesterdays drive and all smoke is gone, all clean now!

i have an original air intake and even a heatshield on my exhaust manifold, so reaching the leaked oil was almost impossible..