• 4 months later...

its been a while since i updated this and quite abit has happened!

Recently I've been doing a few bits and bobs on the car i,e reverse scoop and conards, also awaiting for the inevetible 4efte bang................. and.......it HAPPENED!!! HA!

went out to a friends house about 6 miles from my house, car was smoking a tiny bit more then usual, was running 0.85 bar because my manifold was leaking like a sivv!

anyway on my way back home giving it some beans, come to a roundabout and floored it again..... and blue smoke flew out the back. thought id give it a rest and then it started missing, and sounded like a scooby badly and knocking slightly as well!

by this point i wasn't bothered and i just made it home, and the car conked out outside my house.

i swiftly went to the pub to drown my sorrows and watched the utd game after!

anyway after a massive garage clearout i got the car in and started stripping.

id already rebuilt my head and did a very light port on the exhaust ports.

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

so finally got to work with stripping the engine down and also trying to get an engine crane from a freind, things where starting to come together.

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

and after abit of wigglin and surprisingly enough 1 swear word she was out!

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

picked up all my toyota goodies today which is full engine gasket set, oil pump, and rings.

will be getting on with the build next week hopefully just waiting for my crank to come back from being balanced! :)

il get some more pics of the build next week! :)

thanks for looking!

I saw your status on facebook about this going boooooom!

Good to see its cracking along well matey! My GT should be road-ready soon, insurance is a different matter however >.> Will have to have a mini-meet in Preston sometime.

Where did you get your reverse scoop from? After one atm, as my standard one is useless as I have a shiny FMIC :lol:

Where did you get your reverse scoop from? After one atm, as my standard one is useless as I have a shiny FMIC :lol:

i got it from Ep styling on tgtt, nice bit of kit!

just a call from the guy doing my crank said that my flywheel face had abit of a lip on it so said he advised me to skim it and also said he would be able to lighten it a little bit too!

well chuffed!

• 3 months later...

been ages since i updated this thread, been so busy with work, its just been stupid!!

finally after getting the engine out it was gather all parts and go ahead with the build.

Genuine Toyota oil pump

Genuine Toyota water pump

Genuine Toyota pistons + rings

Genuine Toyota full gasket set

ACL .25 mains, big ends, thrusts

Balanced Reground crank

lightened and balanced flywheel.

IMG_0992-1.jpg

242909_10150185519166636_587646635_7237151_3548295_o1.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

picked up some new engine mounts as well as my old ones where shot to bits and i had gearchanging trouble.

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

FINALLY got it running... was bit nervous but started first time and drove straight out of the garage without any problems! :-) :-)

IMG_1144.jpg

ever since i had the car it always smoked and used oil, when i limped home i was expecting the worst with regards to ringlands gone and it was knocking quite badly and smoking its ass off.

got the head off my old 4E and i was surprised to find this was the only problem......

IMG_1174.jpg

after 150,000km of hard abuse i think it did well.

as of today i have a small oil leak with is coming from the crank pully so we are going to wip the pully off and see what the crack is!

thanks for looking! :-)

Bluebear: I know how you feel dude, can be hard work sometimes especially if the money isn't there but its a project and thats what its all about! what have you got left to do to get it running?

Sacha: thanks dude, its getting there slowly, just need to sort my turbo out and get it mapped, hoping for 240-250 at the fly. :(

Sam has welded my manifold now and there is zero leaks!! car sounds so much nicer instead of sounding like a tractor!

i also thought a compression check would be a good idea as id done around 750 miles on the new engine, so as of now the little 4E is giving me 185 psi across all 4 pots! really chuffed with it and i wouldn't be where i am now without my good freind sam.

still running 0.75 bar boost on Td04 with 3 bar fuel pressure at idle and to be fair unmapped it goes really well!

roll on hybrid and mapping!! :D

It needs a battery fitting, new sparkplugs in, full set of fluids getting bought and poured in, then we can try the engine. If that's all good, then its getting it onto the wheels and getting it rolling and seeing if everything is ok in that department. No idea what the suspension is like, but I can't see any obvious weeping or anything.