here we go!

first proper car with a 4EFTE on the road and fully legal! back in 2006 i bought a White GT when i was 16, started tinkering here and there even though i wasn't old enough to drive it. anyway due to loosing my job and not having a penny to my name to insure it i had to let it go! i was gutted beyond belief! anyway last year my mum and dad bought this glanza for there personal use.

DSC00248.jpg

It came with a few mods on it,

cat back Zigen fireball exhaust

Gutted cat

HKS mushroom filter

15" yaris alloys,

tein lowering springs.

so after a 8 months of ownership i finally got a quote that i was happy with online, so i started paying the car off and on may 1st my birthday the car was insured.

did a few things to it before it finally was in my hands so here are a few snaps!

DSC00015.jpg

Thanks to my fathers awesome driving abilitys he damaged the back bumper parking the car which made the car look a mess. so first thing to do was sort that out. so i sent it to a good freind of mine who restores Vw camper vans and this was the result!

DSC00140.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

got a corbra bucket seat for 50 quid with golf subframes on, bit of cutting, head scratching and finally got it fitted!

DSC00129.jpg

i picked up a land rover intercooler from ebay for 29 quid! was abit worried that it might not hold pressure, and all the fins might be bent but all was good and keeps the air colder then stock!

DSC00104.jpg

good freind of mine did all the pipe work for me and modifying of this and that to get it up and connected!

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

will get more shots of the intercooler soon just the weather hasn't been brilliant!

2 days before it finally went on the road my mate came round who sorted my back bumper out and machine polished the car with G3

compound.

car came up really well which i was very happy with!

DSC00150-1.jpg

DSC00152-1.jpg

DSC00153-1.jpg

D-Day!

pictures where took at a mates house an hour after jumping in the old girl!

DSC00154-1.jpg

DSC00155.jpg

DSC00156.jpg

got some Toyo proxies T1s on the front on friday, the grip is alot better! just wish it would stop raining!

need to get a RRFPR as im running slightly lean due to abit of boost creep. but will update as soon as!

Thanks for looking!

Mike.

idrees: cheers fella! just need to sort the side skirts out now as there damaged but can't get them off the car as there rivited on! :surrender:

Mikey jay: Thanks fella! as with everything its a work in progress!

Thanks fella's, yeh the car is mine now, yeh i don't mind the yaris wheels, but i think i will change them eventually! fancy something with abit of colour!!

the spec is so far

cat back Zigen fireball exhaust

Gutted cat

HKS mushroom filter

15" yaris alloys,

tein lowering springs,

land rover intercooler,

Forge Bov with stronger spring

coming soon will be

Emanage mapped and fitted my nick jones.

Tong Turbo hybrid, (don't know which one yet)

Apexi AVCR,

manifold-decat.

antilift kit,

whiteline anti roll bar.

Good stuff, well how much would you want for the wheels, I think they would look awsome green and on my car :unsure:

Trade you some black Speedlines with 4 good condition T1Rs ::surrender:

Good stuff, well how much would you want for the wheels, I think they would look awsome green and on my car :surrender:

Trade you some black Speedlines with 4 good condition T1Rs ::unsure:

you have pm!

• 1 month later...

got a few more pics, not much of an update, im still paying the car off, should only be a few months now then im 400 quid better off every month so i can start getting some bits together!

DSC00158-1.jpg

DSC00198-1.jpg

DSC00199.jpg

also picked this bad boy up for a stupidly cheap price.

DSC00001.jpg

there is no shaft play, and no signs on the turbine of oil use, me and my mate are going to strip it down and see what the condition is of the bearings and the seals.

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Whats the deal with the N/A wingmirrors buddy?

Shes still looking tidy though :D

no idea about them, but hey ho im not arsed, looking for an apexi AVCR at the mo, just trying to build up my parts for a Td04 conversion, going to run low boost 0.7 bar with a mapped emanage.

all good fun!

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

ts been ages since i last updated. moneys just started picking back up again so i made a few purchases!

i bought a WEPR S/S manifold off madman! Thank you very much again!

DSC00242-1.jpg

DSC00244-1.jpg

next week i will be ordering a civic half size rad and custom mounting my fan, il also be ordering my wastegate,

so that just leaves me with oil line and downpipe and il be ready to fit it.

next month i il have my emanage and will be heading down to nicks to get it mapped hopefully!:drive:

Went upto Nicks today at Tuning developments to pickup my Haste aluminium 3 core rad!

great piece of kit, can't wait to get it fitted next week!

DSC00256.jpg

I've ordered my wastegate just waiting on that bad boy to arrive and just waiting for sacha to get back to me so i can order my downpipe!

hopefully have the kit on at the end of the month!

IMG_0104.jpg

picked up some yellow stuff pads and a adjustabe rear anti roll bar! really chuffed with it! those will be fitted tomoz with some nice new fluid!

DSC00258.jpg

;):beer:

DSC00260.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

brakes are very good! and I've not even run them in yet, really sharp, and progressive!

the rear is alot more firm, it also follows the front of the car evenly, the car doesn't feel all over the place at all when taking corners at speed.

i highly recommend anyone who hasn't got one, to buy one! you will not be dissapointed!

we also took a few sensors and vacuum pipes off that are not needed and the car drives 10 times better! its soo smooth its unreal!

ecieved my WEPR downpipe last week during the early hours of my morning hung over! 7.30am and it was the fastest I've woken up and run downstairs ever! Ha!

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

really happy with the result! waited a while but it was well worth it!

anyone that is thinking about ordering parts from WEPR should not think twice!

the enginering is fantastic!

i now i have all my TD04 kit, my gaskets will be arriving tomoz and will have more updates soon and it will be getting fitted next tuesday!!

thanks for looking!

Mike!:beer:

got my gaskets through the post this morning! i have two sets on order one from sacha and one from turbo dynamics so one set will be for sale sooon!

anyway took my downpipe to a best mate and got it all mocked up and ready for fitting on tuesday!

Can't wait!!

whilst waiting for my gaskets i had another good freind reface the manifold and exhaust housing.

apparantly the manifold face was miles out so that now is perfectly flat!:lol:

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

Thanks for looking!:drive:

Coming along mate :lol:

One question when fitting the RARB in the pic its jacked up but was there something under the wheels? As im sure the wheels needed to be on the ground or have the load on them when fitting the RARB.

Keep up the good work ;)

well today was the day! finally got the TD04 fully fitted!! and i love it!!

everything went really well! we had one or two things that came up that could be a problem but we got that sorted!

the only problem we looked at is the exhaust has been butcherd, so where the the downpipe bolts to the exhaust is rubbing on the flexy pipe on the driveshaft all the time! so that is a problem that needs to be fixed soon! the whole system isn't that brilliant. so thats something i will be looking for very soon!

at first start up everythin was fine! no leaks at all anywhere! the exhaust was really different! its so raspy and loud than before its unreal!

it gave abit of white smoke out at first but since i went down the road in cleared up and not seen anything out of the back which is good!

just have to see if it smokes in the morning but im fairly confident!

running 0.65 bar at the min till i get the emanage blue fitted and mapped by tuning developments in jan.

anyone who is thinking of going TD04 don't hesitate! its flamin awesome!!

i really need to invest in a proper camera cause the one on my iphone is crap!

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

Id like to thank mulls (aka Sam) for really helping me out in fitting it! don't know where i would be without you dude!)

it feels so nice to drive and im so happy when i drive it! feels ace!

taking it easy at the mo because when i had the CT9 i was using oil and had blue smoke when pulling away from traffic lights. but not seen anything at the moment tonight so im really hoping that it was the CT9, but tomoz i will find out!

well there hasnt been much of an update lately, been busy with work and family.

was really different when we had abit of snow, the car was quite abit of fun at times!

only got a a couple of pictures nothing exciting.

the car is running really well, unfortunatly i thought it would be too good to be true and the car is still using oil.

i can only bring this fact to either rings and valve stem seals.

at the moment im just going to carry on with things and just carry out with regular changes with oil which is due soon.

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

still running low boost at 0.65bar for the min until things get sorted, im still looking for an emanage blue at the moment for a nice price so anyone that has one give us a pm!

me and sam came to conclusion that my stock suspension was on its way out, before he swapped to BC coilovers he bought some brand new kyb shocks and tein springs.

i kindly agreed to try them out and see what the height would be like, but we swapped the shocks and springs over and the height was pretty bad.

so i asked if we could swap the shocks over and id have the shocks off him.

as we follow on and swapped the shocks over and put my old springs back on it was a good idea we did so as my shocks where knackerd.

the bump stops where shot which led us both to believe that the shocks where bottoming out all the time.

anyway everything feels alot more firmer now and the ride is alot more composed, and plus the rear anti roll bar really helps in the corners!

can't believe the improvment so far with a rear ARB and some decent working shocks!

Not much of an update really! finally had time to do something on the car, on my week off, I've been pretty skint lately so i can't really buy any more bits till i next get paid.

so i thought i would make an effort and drop the oil, used Motul 10w 40s fully synthetic, then i decided i would cut the center out of my bumper and move the reg plate.

IMG_0248.jpg

the old girl does look a little bit worse for wear in this picture.

took the car in the bodyshop last friday so just waiting to hear back from him thats it ready. can't wait to have it back as I've missed driving it.

anyway will update with more pictures when its ready from the body shop!

next things to do on the list is move the front mount down and sit it flush with the front bumper.

well i finally got the car back after nearly two weeks without it.

it would have been a week but my washer bottle was smashed on the damaged side of the car so had to get a new one which took flamin ages!

anyway car looks good, only problem is i need a new bonnet really.

fella at the body shop said he tried his best to straighten it out but couldn't get it perfect as my hinges where badly bent.

but at least the car looks alot better now.

hopefully soon il be heading back down to st annes to have my exhaust fitted as my current one is starting to sound like a tractor!

anyway just got a couple of pictures. i have more on my phone but can't transfer them at the moment!

Glanza.jpg

Glanza2.jpg

i will update abit more over the weekend as im going to move the front mount down and make it flush with the bumper and give the old girl a T-cut if its dry and stays dry!

managed to move my front mount down, i wanted it more forward to the bumper but didn't have the resouces to do it.

but to be honest im happy with the lass at the minuite. apart from the bonnet which will be sorted eventually im chuffed.

IMG_0318.jpgIMG_0319.jpgIMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

next thing on the list is to get my exhaust sorted, its blowing really badly,it WILL be done in st annes this month, just need to book it in.

shouldl sound really well with a 2.5inch with my zigen fireball backbox.

after that the ulitmate will be fitted and then mapped by nick at tuning developments.

got the exhaust made up and fitted today!! really happy with it! sounds really nice a deep and raspy! all in all it came to 240 quid cause i had to get my zigen backbox welded up a little bit!

S3010029-3.jpg

S3010031-8.jpg

S3010033-6.jpg

S3010034-2.jpg

really chuffed at the minute!

next thing to do is fit my laguna splitter which i got off drew turbo! thank you very much for that fella!

its been a while since i last updated this so thought i would make the effort whilst im relaxing with a few beers, i drove to bolton and picked up my laguna splitter from Drew-Turbo, Thank you very much for that fella and was a pleasure to meet you.

got that fitted shortly after!

IMG_0413.jpg

a couple of weeks after that we and sam came to an agreement that my engine wasn't fantastic, all my plugs where badly pitted, and i was using a fair bit of oil and was smoking quite badly.

so i knew where there as a 4EFTE going spare near me, and after abit a price banter with ashygt got a 4FETE from Ashygt

thank you for that fella!

so we picked that up from his and started stripping it!

everything looked fine, headgasket had a slight burn on the inletside of cyinder 4, but nothing major. big ends and main bearings where fine, but could tell the engine had done some miles, plus the brass was starting to show on the edges of some of the bearings.

anyway got on a stand and cleaned down!

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

spent a couple more hours tonight in the garage to clean a few more things up and degrease a few things.

I recieved my ACL bearings from Iain on tuesday! Thank you very much for those Iain,

the crank looked in good working order with a few light marks but with the milage i wanted to do it right, so the crank has been sent off to bambers round the corner from me, with the 0.25 ACL bearings for a grind and will be ready tomorrow night, after that i will be placing an order for my 3 puck exedy paddle clutch and sending my bottom end to get balanced!

This is going to be stock build for the moment to see how it goes,the plan is to run emanage Blue on TD04 running a bar boost.

will update very soon!

Thank for looking!

found some brand new stock pistons on uksc for a bargin price and they where snapped up!

IMG_0543.jpg

later on the same day while at work and whilst my car was parked downstairs in the service road one of my work mates decided it would be a good idea to do this.......IMG_0544.jpg

i did see him on camera as well fiddle at the back of my car but i forgot to say something,

fired the car up and thought.... that doesn't sound right at all! got out looked and then i knew what he'd done! lol!

and finally picked these prosport gauges up off ashygt,

IMG_0585.jpg

spot on couldn't have asked for anything better, really nice touch to the interior, i only have water temp working for the minuite as I've yet to modify the powersteering bracket to get my sandwich plate to fit but il get onto that very soon!

So now on the 30/12/10 my spec is as follows!

current spec

Engine:

Full 4efte engine rebuild consisting of:

cylinder head overhaul with new valve stem seals + refaced.

genuine toyota pistons + rings

genuine toyota full gasket set

genuine toyota oil pump

genuine water pump

Crank reground and balanced

ACL .25 mains big ends and thrust washers

lightened and balanced flywheel.

Exedy paddle clutch

powerflex Poly engine mounts

TD04 0.7 bar

Blitz ssqv

Tuning Developments Fuel pump