hi peps just a quick question

i was talking to a fella yesterday at the honda meeting in bluewater he had a black sr with glanza kit on it anyway having a good chin wag and he said the later sr's had 94bhp as the early sr only had 74bhp but i only thought that it was the inports that had 94bhp+

has anyone else heard this

thanks james

yeah, all uk spec starlets should be around 74-5bhp.

the jap spec ones have the advantage of having the tubular inlet mani, a higher rev limit and 105ron fuel.

hence the more bhp.

yea its 85 over there for all ep91's. the eirlier 82 camewith 102 bhp butthat was basicalya 4e-fte engien minus the turbo, both the gi and solail came with that :D

Sort yourself out a jdm tubular mani if you haven't already got one Slim mate ;b

Makes a huge difference to the n/a starlet and drives like it should do!

Some new iridium spark plugs and leads wouldn't go amiss either... ;b

Peace Out

Joz

yes shell thats the one he means mite be some pics off it in banzai as they where there and took some piccys off it and the supercharged corolla but we where all standin in front of mine so wont be able too see mine doh!!!!!!!!!! :)

Well its the same inlet mani used in the JDM starlets to achieve higher horsepower, how much bang for buck do you want like! No one said anything about it being spectacular just a huge difference to the overall driving feel of the n/a starlet.

I certainly think its a huge improvement anyway and will never take it off.

Stick your old manifold on and you will see that you won't get the same feeling.

In fact your car will feel kinda flat in the rev range!

I'm sure El Scutch0 would agree! And hopefully Phil & Wings to follow!

Peace Out

Joz

ha ha! I dont expect to double the horsepower mate. if I wanted to do that i'd stop fecking about and buy a 4efte :)

I know its the one thats used on the "JDM" starlet (JDM is such an over-used term these days) It also comes on the "UKDM" bug-eyed corrola.

Like I said, certainly makes a difference and i dont plan on taking it off either, it makes the car rev alot more freely but just think "huge" is a bit exagerated! You'll be lucky to see a 5bhp increase from it in my opinion. Remember that the "JDM" starlets have a different ecu and injectors to create the extra 25bhp they have from the factory.

Peace Out

Wylo

ha ha! I dont expect to double the horsepower mate. if I wanted to do that i'd stop fecking about and buy a 4efte  :)

I know its the one thats used on the "JDM" starlet (JDM is such an over-used term these days) It also comes on the "UKDM" bug-eyed corrola.

Like I said, certainly makes a difference and i dont plan on taking it off either, it makes the car rev alot more freely but just think "huge" is a bit exagerated! You'll be lucky to see a 5bhp increase from it in my opinion. Remember that the "JDM" starlets have a different ecu and injectors to create the extra 25bhp they have from the factory.

Peace Out

Wylo

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'd personally say it does make a really big difference... to how the engine delivers its power... it seems to smooth out flatspots and allow the 4efe to become a much free'r revving engine. for me it totally unlocked the potential i knew the 4efe had.... even if it didnt make a hp gain.

Rich.