alloys,gimmie pics please for new member

Hi everyone.

Im new to this Starlet site as i have just bought a Starlet.(duuurrrr). Well my car is a UK spec Starlet.

DSC02020.jpg

It is on the grannyfied side of things at the moment but it will soon change. I've already got some clear lenses, removed the side bump strips and taken all the stickers off it. So i will take another pic soon. I've also got some new speakers for the front and a sub so my system is done. I would like help with the wheels though. I cant decide whether i should get 15's or 16's. I will be lowering it on coilovers shortly after getting the wheels so it will be lowered. Please can people put up some pics of their cars so i can see wat 15's or 16's looks like. I've seen 17's and they look cool but i want to keep the handling and speed as i love performance. Any help and advice is welcome.

Bourkey

welcome to the club mate

Nice colour car :) Your the 4th silk blue member now!!!!

I have coilovers and 16s they look the part but it also looks higher than when i had 15s

they rub on the front on full lock too, im going to lower it some more on the back and see what it looks like, if i dont like it im goin back to 15s as i have lost a bit off the handling aswell.

Hope this helps

Heres some piccies: -

Destripped.jpg

Sidelites.jpg

Back2.jpg

Deckd2.jpg

Sparky

NIIIIICCCEEEE. I like i like it a lot. I've been doing a lot of reading on this site and it seems that 15's is the way to go then. I've only had the car just over a month an im desperate to get it sorted.

The reason for me gettin this car was i had a Nissan Micra and that was my project car but it was stolen and torched.(long story) see pics

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/Bou...85/DSC00130.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/Bou...-02-06_0917.jpg

Also, does anyone know how to do body work mods like smoothing or painting because i've been reading tutorials on the web and i reckon i can do it. I've done bits an bobs but i would like to know more.

Ps, keep them alloy pictures coming!!!!!!!!!!

Bourkey

AHHHHH unlucky mate them wheels would have looked sweet on your starlet especially wen you slam it!!!!!

Im too scared to do any bodywork mods myself- leave it to the pros i rekon :)

They did!!! they made the car look fantastic!!!

Im considering something similar with this car. I've already tried the two front wheels which i salvaged off my Micra but they dont fit right. Im going to try an Ebay them. They have some Kerbing to them but they are straight. The back two melted in half. Here is some pics of them test fitted to my Starlet.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/Bou...85/DSC00170.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/Bou...85/DSC00169.jpg

I want to give bodywork a bash because i like doing things myself. Its ten times cheaper. I fitted exhasts, airfilters, sound systems, short shifters, and modified some grills for my car and a mates. Look at this one.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/Bou...85/DSC00180.jpg

Im a hands on person :).

By the way, guess how old the wheels where?

Bourkey

they suit the car well

SiCaln had them in 18s on his Starlet!!!!!!! The are Kei Flights right???

I really like the Kei range of wheels but they dont do 16s :p

WOW you did a good job of that Fiesta mate, vut out the front bumper of your Starlet, will look alot better. I got one ready cut out to go on :)

The wheels didnt look very old i say less than a week?? If so thats gutting- well its gutting neway lol

hey bro welcome to the site mate.

you have picked the right car with a few taisty mods they look totaly different

check the extreemep rides section for ideas bro as there are loads of starlets in there mate

personally myself id go for 17's

here are a few pics of starlets i have had in the past,

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22

as long as you stick to an offset of 40+ you should not have any issues,

if you are lowering however you will need to get the drivers side arch rolled as the rear torsen beam moves to that side by about a centimitre,

another way of solving this is the use of a panhard rod but ill let you find out all about that throught the site

hope that was of some help mate :)

I like that front bumper. My mate did a design for my bumper and it is almost identical to that. I really like it and im gonna buy another bumper from a scrappy to have a go. What is that extension on the bottom. Is that something you have bought because i like it.

The Kei wheels are a fantastic looking wheel but you're right they unfortunately don't do them in 16's.

Oh yeah id had the wheels for 35hours and 25min.

Bourkey

I think i have found the wheels i want. Somebody mentioned TE37 so i had a look and i think they are great looking wheels. I'll probably change my mind in a few days though. Does anyone know of any prices for these wheels and where i could get them from. Im not buying them yet im just getting ideas.

Bourkey

Volk TE37's will cost you around £1200 for 15" though SiCaln could tell you for sure.

If you like the style then Rota do replicas called "Grid" for about £350.

Here's a pic of my new V with it's Sparco wheels.

166015000_082c5c097e.jpg

what are the offset for a glanza v,cuz the alloys i got have spacers on the front. want different alloys cuz the breakdust on the front 2 is a joke to get off! and one more thing,what size alloys does every1 think would look on a low glanza v (got 15"s at the moment)

i like that front bumper.my mate did a design for my bumper and it is almost identical to that. i really like it and im gonna buy another bumper from a scrappy to have a go.wat is that extension on the bottom.is that something you have bought because i like it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cheers bud. i couldnt tell ya what the splitter was, cause i dont know! got it off ebay about a year and a half ago! all i know is the company went bust and sold them all off cheap!

@aaron: in my opinion 15's/16's suit it best mate.

1500 quid wow!!!!! I'd want them to cook my tea for that price. Very nice set of wheels though an they look good in white. I like the Kei Flights on the Starlet aswell but i dont think i would go as mad as 18's. I bought 15's an they cost me £540 wrapped in Yokohama tyres. I was looking at wheels today an i've got a few ideas an im also looking at coilovers aswell.

I dont know if anyone has seen the G4 ones on ebay but they look pretty good. I've also heard D2 racing coilovers are good. Can anyone recommend a set that i wont need to sell the car to buy?

Oh yeah here is a full picture of my mates Fiesta. Just to show you the grill. I've just fitted a head crushing 4500 watt sound system to it as well. I was nearly physically sick with the bass. My Starlet beats his 1.4 16 valve aswell!!!!

Bourkey

I recommend the D2;s and im sure i few other people on here would B)

Nevaer heard of G4s to be honest unless you mean G force???? :D

The g force ones would suit your car down to the ground as they are anodised blue. I wish i got them now but didnt know about em till i ahd my D2s but im happy with em lol G force ones are amore or less exactly the same as D2s but someone correct me if im wrong

Check out ROTA RIMS for some decent Jap wheels :D

Tha fezzy luks good but i like the car in the background especially the colour B)B):DB)

Sparky

Ha ha ha good one.

By the way they are called g4 racing coilovers. They are on ebay. In the search for item box put 4648780997 to see them. The look pretty good. I've seen actual pictures of them as well. they are from Austrailia. I know what you meant about Gforce ones as i have looked at them before. The D2 were the ones i was going to get for my old car but i like the G4 racing and Gforce ones as they match the car like you said.

Decisions decisions.

Bourkey