• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woahhhh looking awsome beatz!!!

Seriously very sexy, white cars with white wheels really give me the horn :p

Plans sound good mate looking forward to what she pulls on the rollers :p

hahahah boost u wee cock :ph34r:

Enzo i was planning on TD04L with WEPR downpipe n mani, was suppose to be this month but going to hold off until next month and get my blitz fmic with it too.

• 3 months later...

Well i got my order of my FMIC from Dave and all i can say is it was well worth the wait!!

Here are the pics of the progess of me and my old man fitting it outside the house lol

This is how it all started, got the box out and the instructions and my Japanese for Dummys handbook.

DSC00101.jpg

Next we got the car stripped at the front.

DSC00100.jpg

Pipework on ready for the cooler to be fitted

DSC00104.jpg

The old man helping with mounting the cooler while i take a wee break lol

DSC00107.jpg

Intercooler piping from under the car.

DSC00111.jpg

Engine bay with the TMIC removed and FMIC piping, could do with a clean mind you.

DSC00112.jpg

Had to twist the air filter up to lean ontop of the cooler.

DSC00114.jpg

Well after a long hard think, i know its not to some members taste, but i cut the front bumper to show the intercooler as you can see u can see the cut marks but ill get that fibreglassed and resprayed, this is how it looked before i nipped down to halfords for Satin Black spray paint for the BLITZ logo.

DSC00116.jpg

Decided id be nice to her as well and gave her a right good seeing to, with a sponge and car wash of course!

DSC00118.jpg

While i was in halfords i thought it could for a square front plate also, and here is how see looks now.

DSC00124.jpg

Big Thanks to Dave for supplying the FMIC also :p.

All opinions are welcome :p

Iain

• 3 months later...

Well lads, ive not been on here a while for many of reasons. Mainly the starlet is under going a high hp build @ ToyTuning just now, heres abit of my story about it.

Thanks for looking at the progess of the GT. Ive owned her for since roughly March 2006, so nearly 2 years of owning her and spending all my hard earned pennys. It was 2 of my mates who owned the car before i got the opportunity to finally buy it when it appeared back up for sale with me first at the queue with cash in hand. First time i drove the car my knees were shaking as i had never drove anything so quick as it, but it brought a huge smile to my face.

Over the time of owning her ive spent my wage every month on her and even leaving myself short some months. With me and my dad doing most of the work to the car whenever she needed it, services, fitment of new parts and my dad helping me out when i got stuck as well, so really i owe my dad alot of credit towards the car.

On 19th Nov, the money situation changed and i decided it was time for high HP, so i was in contact with Toby for about a month before the 19th and told him what i wanted and asked how much i needed. Me and Tobs had long chats about which route was best for what i wanted and finally arranged the date for my drop off to ToyTuning. I was always particular about who i took my GT to and always looked for them to be knowledgable and Kevin knew everything!! So i couldnt be anymore impressed for meeting him for such a short-time but unfortuently not having the opportunity to meeting the man whose making it happen.

Im looking to really get the car noticed abit within the Starlet community and possibly a few other areas out there. Ive been in touch with a local cruise website who are extremely keen to see the car and feature it when its back, so hopefully thats just the start, but my main aim at the moment is for a calender spot.

The car wouldnt of been possible today if it wasent for everyone out there viewing this thread. Having my questions and problems answered and cured .. made it possible for the GT to be were it is now. Tobs was always there also whenever i had a fault or a new problem discovered, he assured me it would be solved and he would find the answer, everytime it was solved and he found the answer whenever i asked the questions. So a big thanks must go to the owners club and ToyTuning.

Heres the spec and some current pictures of the GT after abit of changing and upgrading :ph34r:. The latest update is the Blitz LM FMIC (thanks to Dave):

Engine

- Blitz BOV

- Blitz LM FMIC

- WickedEP Turbo Back Exhaust System With De-Cat

- SARD RRFPR

- AVA Custom Breather

- HKS Actuator

- Ram Air Induction Kit

- LSD

- Apexi AVC-R Boost Controller

- Uprated Fuel Pump

- Magnecore Performance Leads

- Air-con Removed

- Ross Racing Pistons

- Ross Racing Piston Rings/Pins

- THS Forged Conrods with ARP Bolts

- Cruise Head Gasket

- New Cambelt/Tensioner Kit

- New Toyota Head Bolts (Changed to ARP Bolts)

- All New Toyota Gaskets

- New Oil Seals

- New Water Pump

- New OEM Oil Pump

- New Valve Stem Seals

- Crank Reground (if needed) With New Bearings

- New Shells

- Block Rebored/Honed

- Chemically Cleaned

- Head Stripped and Cleaned

- TD04L turbo

- WEPR Evolution manifold

- WEPR Downpipe with screamer pipe

- WEPR Smaller dual core radiator

- Oil feed line-water fittings

- Cold air intake for turbo

- Other tid bits needed for installation.

- External wastegate using 38mm Tial wastegate

- Greddy Ultimate E-Manage

- 550cc Injectors

- TRD engine mounts

- Exedy Paddle Clutch

Suspension

- Front + Rear KYB Shocks

- 40mm TRD Springs

- Front + Rear Strut Braces

- whiteline anti lift kit

- whiteline panhard rods

- whiteline front and rear arbs

Brakes

- 3G 20 Groove Discs

- Stock Rear Discs

Wheels & Tyres

- 15" White Rota Grids

- Toyo Proxies

Pictures from when the FMIC was fitted, heres how it all started:

After a decision, i wanted to cut the bumper as i was going to spray the Blitz logo onto the cooler, thought i may aswell show it off

DSC00116.jpg

Gave the bitch a right good seeing too, with a wet hot sponge and some shampoo ;)

DSC00118.jpg

Pictures of the car at the docks after fitting Rosco's WEPR Fmic

DSC00152.jpg

• 2 months later...

Update:

Well i thought it was time i went and updated all my threads. The cars expected back this month once the final parts arrive. It took this long due basically due to the complicated nature of my build and the amount of work that i needed.

Heres my latest addition to my parts:

DSC00240.jpg

Cant wait to get this fitted once i have her back :)