Please Delete Thread, Making A New One, Fresh Start.

Just picked up this black beast.........

1991 UKDM although it was first imported to Germany, they didnt make black 16i-16's for the UK market, so its very very rare.

D16A9 engine - 130bhp

Very close ratio gearbox (you can do 25-30mph in 5th without it even shuddering)

Mint interior

JDM black dash

Original mint condition CRX seats

Panasonic CD player

Electric mirrors

Electric sunroof...etc..etc

Parts to follow ASAP

New drivers door

New rear passanger side light unit (smashed)

New door seal kit (these are very weak, probably original)

Performance oil filter

Performance oil

NGK Iridium spark plugs

Magnecor KV85 spark leads

PIAA silicon wiper blades

CRX/EF tailored car mats from USA

....and last but not least, sort out the dents and the little rust spots and change the CD player for my Kenwood Ipod unit.

Looking at buying a super super rare J's racing exhaust system, probably THE loudest system ever made for a CRX, makes the Buddyclub spec 2 sound quiet apparently, im not sure i belive that but thats what ive been told.....

DSCF0209.jpg

DSCF0211.jpg

What you think?

Loads planned for it............wait and see :thumbsup:

Looks like Yaris wheels on it :thumbsup:

Looks good, cant see where your going to get the money from the mod this and build the GT though :blink:

Something you not tellin me ;) ??

Haha ok ok you've caught me..........ive been selling my body down cardiff docks, red handbag the lot LMFAO :thumbsup: ;)

Im lucky, i dont drink and i hardly go out and for some reason i seem to find money that ive hidden away in dark corners, seems to grow out of my wallet. lol

And not yaris wheels...............EVEN WORSE..... :blink: blooody Daihatsu wheels haha. They've got Toyo T1R's on them though, crazy people.

Lew give us a shout as well mate, ill come up and help you with your GT......any time, you've still got my number havent you?

Cheers mukka for the kind words, i appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Its in VERY good condition, its a far cry from the white one i went to look at the other day.......dear god......the guy wanted more for it than what i paid for this, and to be fair, i wouldnt have been happy to drive it 100 yards down the road, what a death trap.

I had a very very good buy and a lucky find for £700, had been garaged as well 90% of its life, and the underside is fully waxoiled from new.

Performance and handling wise........my GT feels like a boat compared, very tight steering, corners amazingly well, grip all over the place....

..........oh dear, thats no excuse dammit!!! :thumbsup:

And seriously its funny, if i concentrate on saving, its amazing how much i do manage to save from, well, no where really and after a few months have enough money to do things with the cars, its gunna be a slow old process of building the GT and buying a few parts here and there for this, but itll be worth all the work and effort in the end........and you know me i eat, sleep and drink cars......keeps a smile on my face lol.

And better wether you say mate? Haha, in wales? You'll be waiting for ever......lmao. As said though, whenever you do start, gimme a shout and ill do whatever i can to help mate.

Update 1 - 17 July

Started some of the restoration work today, removed everything from the rear tyre well, checked for rust, minimal, very very impressed.

Removed the rear lights to restore them, change any blown/damaged/faded bulbs and restore the rubber seals that sit behind them.

Their a VERY strange light setup, infact its a f*cking silly design which is notorious for leaking, which mine had done in the past slightly by the looks, easy temporary fix which lasts along time, i removed them, soaked the seals and scrubbed them in warm/hot water to get all the gunk off them and relax the rubber/foam, i then let them soak for half an hour while i cleaned up the actual light housings themselves and the chassis where the lights sit up against. I then dried the light housings inside with a hair dryer and cleaned up the bulb mounts, i then fitted new bulbs, greased the fittings right up with waterproof and heat-resistant grease (lovely sh*t lol).

Then i dried off the rubber seals, coated them on the light side with vaseline, and coated the chassis side with the waterproof grease, greased up all the bolts and then fitted again............their now completely watertight :D

Also painted up the wiper arms with some proper black metal enamel paint, fitted some new aero wipers on the front and recylced one of the newer ones off the windscreen of my pug 106 to fit to the back............jobs a goodun'

Next job.......fit new left hand side rear light housing, remove rear bumper and start work on restoring the bumper bar/brackets. White LED sidelight bulbs, white LED interior light bulb in the front and in the boot.

And last but not least.........fit my Rays Volk TE37's on there to see how they look, order some new Parada spec2's and away to go.

Update 2 - 20th July

Ok been working a little on the CRX, as said removed the back lights the other day and resealed them all up, left the left side light off as im getting a new one.

Center panel and right light refurbd and reffited....

DSCF0214.jpg

Been making some carbon fibre interior bits today, nothing major just little bits and peices for now. In very nice snazy green 2x2 weeve, which was hard as fook to find. Had to cut and shape them all properly so they fit spot on and hold themselves in without glue or screws, perfect job. (if anyone wants any small bits like this made for their cars, drop me a message with pics)

DSCF0252.jpg

DSCF0253.jpg

DSCF0263.jpg

Also removed the rear bench, cleaned all underneath and partialy cleaned the leather on the bottom part.

Note how immacule the interior is, the carpet...etc

DSCF0242.jpg

Rear bench lower cleaned up, more to do on it yet though....

DSCF0241.jpg

Super clean interior, barely any marks throughout.....this has less wear and marks than the GT and its 3-4 years older!!

DSCF0243.jpg

DSCF0245.jpg

Nah probably B18/B20 mate, B20 bottom end with the B18CR cylinder head...etc

I would LOVE to K20 it, but damn their worth silly money those engines......

If i find some old man whos got a damaged civic type r sitting on their driveway then ill make them an offer for their engine ;)

Ooohh one of my favourite cars! I wanted one of these before getting my V, but just couldn't find a decent one for the price. Some people want silly money for bad examples. You got a good deal with this!

Look forward to seeing more!

• 4 weeks later...

k20 in that would be a death trap!!! besides a k20 conversion would cost about £5k. mate put a b16 in one of these and he was killing dc2 integras and ep3 type r's etc. b20 would be ultimate in that though.

• 3 weeks later...
k20 in that would be a death trap!!! besides a k20 conversion would cost about £5k. mate put a b16 in one of these and he was killing dc2 integras and ep3 type r's etc. b20 would be ultimate in that though.

K20's have been done in them.

Upon recent reasearch......basically....B20's are sh*t, and they sound sh*t. Weak engine if you dont build them properly. Their good if built properly.

B16.....bah cant be arsed to spend £300-£400 on a B series. Wasteof time and money for not alot more power than my D16A9 lump.

B18.....thought about it.......and then decided VTEC isnt all that amazing really, a good D series can keep up with the best all day long.

My D series is staying in there. Buying a set of HKS race cams to go in it. :thumbsup: Then some throttle bodies probably, been a while since i had a car with them.

Ive got D2 coilovers, purple blox lca's, AEM fuel rail, Buddyclub Spec 2 system, K&N performance gold oil filter, magnetic sump plugs....etc all to go on there. Ive fitted my Magnecor KV85 leads already.

Next braided fuel line and aeroquip fittings, B&M fpr or AEM havent decided yet, Skunk2 intake manifold, bigger throttle body, Skunk2 short shifter and gearknob.

Also on special order rare J's racing lug nuts in pink/purple colour....from greece :)

Shall be getting a few carbon fibre bits as well hopefully.

Do you know Sham and Tahir their from up your way Idrees? Tahir has an EF9 civic i think.......B18CR :thumbsup: VERY quick.

Still.........D series all the way! for now any way. It shall be rapid with the HKS cams as their epic duration.

.....then bodies!!! Havent heard the sound and the smell of fuel since i had my throttle bodied 106 rallye :) been too long now.

Deafness and headaches again here we come!