Hey everyone

I dont know what to do. I have some nice plans for my n/a atm including duck soiler, optional front lip and rear lip, possibly a carbon bonnet and some enkei alloys. Im just wondering if it is worth doing all of this to a n/a or am i just wasting my money. I know what a lot of you are going to say turbo it but i dont want to, i would rather just get a glanza in a few years time. I have always gone for the looks of car rather than speed and want to get this looking mint.

What im basically saying is does anyone know roughly how much my car would be worth in a years time with the above upgrades.

cheers peeps

chanelle x

If a spec is required thats no problem.

look at my thread and Joz's thread and then see what u think about spending HORRENDOUS amounts of cash making the UK n/a look nicer.

obviously we'd all like them to go faster, but the FTE doesnt always have to come before the body work and aesthetics!

Keep the faith, and dont rush your decision. go with what's right for you at the time, whether that be FTE or bodywork. my FTE has been ALONG time coming, and sure being 25 and seeing 19yr olds in Glanzas and Evos gets to me, but its the length of time I've taken to get to the FTE stage that makes it all the more special for me.

i'm sure you'll make the right decision for you.

Phil.

looks lovely in the display pic you dont need to do much looks wise what spec is it the now and any more pics of the full car?

Here is the link below. It will take to long to post all the pics up again.

If you go to page 4 bout 1/3 wayd down they are there

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....9907&st=150

@ phil - do you know how much i could expect roughly if i was to sell in a few years time with the mods at the top.

im afraid i couldn't say Chanelle sorry, not really sure. i know the market on Glanzas here in NI at the mo isnt great, they can be picked up for next to nothing which wouldnt make me hold out much hope for an n/a.

i was once offered £2000 for mine before i did the Glanza rear bumper, ducktail and smoothed front bumper, but i couldnt have taken it from the girl as i'd have been rippin her right off.

Phil.

its too hard to put a figure on what a car is or will be worth especialy in todays market, the prices of glanzas have fallen rapidly in the last year i remember when i was looking for 1 you could only find them for 4 and 5 grand for a half decent 1 and some at 6 and 7k nowadays there are people strugling to sell glanzas for 2500.

when you do what you have done and build your own car to your spec its about building it for yourself, not for anyone else. when it comes to selling it its irrelevent how much you have spent on parts. the buyer is looking at the caras a whole not individual parts.

modding cars has always been the same you wont get your money back.

just enjoy your car and do what you want to it

Ive been offered £2,000 for mine on 2 occasions. But to be honest i dont think a N/A is worth that much, especially with the way it is at the minute.

I would have Snapped there arms off but i cant get a better car for the money that i can insure at the moment so its time to spend more money on my N/A!!!

Umm.. all it takes is a ride in Pav's Glanza.. that makes you want more horses under the bonnet :p

I'm more cosmetics than anything, but I would say buy a glanza, its all there for you.

to be honest chanelle if i were you id do what i wanted to the car have it the way you want it and if you end up going and buying a glanza in maybe a year it might not be a nice as your n/a then youl have the power but will miss the stunning looks of your n/a.

if you keep it a while and do little bits here and there then maybe a year or 2 down the line if you like the car enough you could get the fte conversion done. find some1 to do it for you.

hi, i don't understand why you don't just get a glanza now? the amount of money you have already spent proberly equals or more than buying a glanza in the first place, just saying...... however car looks sweet! first time I have seen it.

As my Dad says,"modifying is a mugs game".

He is totally right as no matter how much you spend on your pride and joy its still worth jack shit compared to what you have spent.

So I wouldnt actually worry about the value of it, can always break it and put it back standard if you want to make some of your money back.

But yea the plans sound good so go for it :p

Mods will NOT add any value to the car for when you sell, in a few years i'm afraid it will be worth peanuts in standard or modded trim. Mods will often reduce value of a car :p If you buy a glanza in a year or two then the mods you buy now will mostly be a straight swap from the N/A to the new one. If it was me i would spend the cash as you will only want to do it anyway, the sensible thing is to put the cash aside and save for the new motor but hey......who can do that!!!! I KNOW I COULDN'T ......but i had fun :p

in my opinion i would buy mods you can easily transfer onto the glanza in a few years time, selling the n/a as standard. i will be selling mine standard when i get a GT.

Just dont do what i did and get rid of your interior.. its a bitch to get it replaced.

Mitch

This might sound a bit strange but was it me that put this thought into your head at Medstone when we were outside Nandos talkin bout my old SR?

Kinda making me feel bad :thumbsup:

Your cars nice though and as you said if you can get a conversion done for £500 thats awesome!

Do it!

I didnt have a clue about how to go about boosting my SR

I just new i wanted a Glanza when i had my SR n i came to the conclusion that it would be cheaper in the long run for me to just buy a V as unless you get some cracking bargins on bits (like you have) it would be to expensive :wub:

I'd say with how far uv gone now just turbo the SR in the future :p

you could always get your SR how you want it then wait n save up enough for a Glanza and then transfer over all the best bits etc bits then sell the SR

But that would be a lot more hassle and effort so id just say boost the baby :thumbsup:

:o

Your car is georgeous for an n/a im not too fond of them 2bh but as youve made it a glanza replica it looks awesome now

as you said you prefer looks over performance so id carry on styling yours now and maybe eventually turbo it when its mintly styled but for now id carry on with what your doing cause youve made a cracking job of the one youve done lol

Its up to you what you do with your car isn't it?

Im gunna keep my SR pretty standard for a year or so then just move up to something bigger and more powerful such as a GT or glanza *cough* :thumbsup: