Well MOT'ed today and no surprise failed. Knew and can fix most things just 2 things Im stuck on.

NSF wheel bearing has excessive play

and

OSR wheel bearing has excessive play

I was asking at the garage and they said something about i might be able to tighten them up if i have a certain type?

Basically i need the A - Z on wheel bearing dont know what they look like, how to check for excessive play, how to alter, nothing?

Also failed no surpries on emissions but had decat, they did ask though if id had the engine stripped and rebuilt as it was brning super clean, no hydrocarbons or something, they were saying cars 5 years old wouldnt be this clean, how, what, why is this occuring? Can only be a good thing right?

Oh one last thing, can you recyle rad coolant? Im not into being green and all that just dont want to buy more to drain it twice to put cat on then back off, just drain it and use the fluid that came out ok?

Thanks

David

Well MOT'ed today and no surprise failed. Knew and can fix most things just 2 things Im stuck on.

NSF wheel bearing has excessive play

and

OSR wheel bearing has excessive play

I was asking at the garage and they said something about i might be able to tighten them up if i have a certain type?

Basically i need the A - Z on wheel bearing dont know what they look like, how to check for excessive play, how to alter, nothing?

Also failed no surpries on emissions but had decat, they did ask though if id had the engine stripped and rebuilt as it was brning super clean, no hydrocarbons or something, they were saying cars 5 years old wouldnt be this clean, how, what, why is this occuring? Can only be a good thing right?

Oh one last thing, can you recyle rad coolant? Im not into being green and all that just dont want to buy more to drain it twice to put cat on then back off, just drain it and use the fluid that came out ok?

Thanks

David

it should be fine to reuse the coolant mate just so long you dont get anything i it.

• 3 weeks later...

The wheel bearings can't be tightened up, all the pressure goes on the inner race, you'll have to fork out for new ones, but if you want, come over to mine and we can do it over here, got all the tools to do the job, got access to a press aswell, it's pretty easy, done it a few times already lol.

Pm me and i'll give you my mobile number if interested

Damien

The wheel bearings can't be tightened up, all the pressure goes on the inner race, you'll have to fork out for new ones, but if you want, come over to mine and we can do it over here, got all the tools to do the job, got access to a press aswell, it's pretty easy, done it a few times already lol.

Pm me and i'll give you my mobile number if interested

Damien

That would have been mint like a month ago lol, I ended up paying the garage to sort it as i didnt have access to any presses etc. Cheers anyway mate and no doubt ill be in touch when it goes again.

• 1 month later...