What Was Your Car Like In Japan

ever wondered?

i fitted a few new parts recentley and its got me thinking. when i removed the standard mani some of the bolts wer almost brand new and the turbo also looked brand new, the standard cat had all new bolts in that too, so there could have been a different mani and decat and possibly turbo on it before. fitted an fmic and the bottom crash bar has had a piece cut out exactly where my pipework came up, so there has been a front mount on it. there was also lots of little clips and stuff around the engine bay. considereing mines was suppost to be standard bar the apexi exhaust, shocks and springs, wheels and turbo timer, it really makes you wonder what has been done to your car and stripped off. its quite frightning

More than likley to have had many mods on most imported cars. the way i look at it people who add boost gauges and decent rubber tend to drive their car little harder than the odd jo crusing down the mini mart for his weekley shop.

mines came as a more or less standard car with lightwieght weels and exhaust and lowered. but that is what i was saying if you think your cars bog standard when its imported who are you to know? for all you know it could have been put back to standard where as its been modified over there

mine was bone stock, and didnt have any signs of modding either and with the low milage it had was proberly just some old lady's run around.

yes even the oldest of old ladies in japland drive fast cars lmao!

you never know mate thats why i put this thread up. we dont know whaqt our cars have been like over there, or even if the mileage has been tinkered with, mines is ready to hit 100kilometers which is 0bv 60k odds but im even doubting that

Mine looked like this.....

743b_27.jpg

7489_27.jpg

Dont think mine was ever more modified than i got it, just had marks where gauges probably were and some wires / holes that seem to have been for a sound system. Also mine has marks where a roof rack has been, who the hell has a roof rack on a Glanza.

mine was bone stock, and didnt have any signs of modding either and with the low milage it had was proberly just some old lady's run around.

'fast cars'? :unsure:

dont you mean cheap hatchbacks - starlets are pennies in japan.

Mine looked like this.....

743b_27.jpg

7489_27.jpg

Dont think mine was ever more modified than i got it, just had marks where gauges probably were and some wires / holes that seem to have been for a sound system. Also mine has marks where a roof rack has been, who the hell has a roof rack on a Glanza.

thats cool having a photo of it over there with the reg. i wonder if there is anyway you could find out what the jap owner has now because they take thier plate with them to thier next car:>

as for the roof rack im pretty sure they wer an optional extra.

Stralets are very rare in jap. well not as rare as in the UK but you no what i mena. One of the users from here now lives up there and he emails me now and again and says theirs a elite mini hatcback forum up there and theres only 2 on that forum as everyone in jap is in skylines and evo's as their so cheap out there no1 wants a little 1.3

Someone has JDM nan !!

Mine came over caged up and was apparently a track car in japan.

Had loads of tasty bits, paddle clutch, Cusco LSD, TRD engine mounts Tein coilovers and Cusco panhard rod, Apexi N1 exhaust just to name a few

Shame someone had the cage :thumbsup:

mine came absolutey bolloxed in really bad condition internally and only running about 80bhp

so now its all repaired and running like a dream i really dont want to know what it was treat like before i had it lol