Looking into buying a car from Doncaster, the garage have had it for 6 weeks, as it has ran out of MOT and Tax. On the phone the guy told me the car had two owners (but on autotrader, it says 3). He told me the sump is leaking and that will need to be taken off and patched up for an MOT.

Anybody know if it will be worth it? The car is a shade under £600 and he will tax it for 6 months, fix the sump and MOT it for me to be able to drive it back to Taunton.

Being 250 miles away, i'm really un-sure if I can trust what hes saying as it will be mainly motorway miles on the way home.

The car has done 154k but still looks pretty good from the pictures.

Anyone near Doncaster that know of J&J Motors? If so would anyone mind popping round and having a look around it for me? Really interested but if the sump thing is expensive and its bodged, whats the point?

Cheers Chappies :thumbsup:

Sam

If you could mate? Have a good look round it and such and see if you can have it started up so you can tell if theres any knocking and stuff?

Il PM you the address if you like mate

Sam

White Paseo indeed guys, thanks for your time in looking at it :thumbsup:

Whats with the Sump "patching up"? does that mean is bodged or does that mean its something that always happens?

No rush in going to see it, I won't be buying it till i'm paid at the end of the month anyway :p

i think it means its hit something and crashed and split the sump which means its probably pissing oil out lol i really would check that one before buying it

if i have a ride over there again mate il have a good look round it for you

The white Paseo? It is actually in askern (already looked at it) and wouldnt say it was worth that for an ST in that condition dude. Has some small rust patches, paint is very flat and has a mark down one side, only 4 miles down the road from me if you want me to go take pics of the damage

I got my Paseo for 550 quid, with a full years MOT, 2 months tax and in better condition I'd say

The white Paseo? It is actually in askern (already looked at it) and wouldnt say it was worth that for an ST in that condition dude. Has some small rust patches, paint is very flat and has a mark down one side, only 4 miles down the road from me if you want me to go take pics of the damage

I got my Paseo for 550 quid, with a full years MOT, 2 months tax and in better condition I'd say

haha cheers mate that saves me a wasted journey tonight then lol

looks like you got your answer galliano

My thoughts exactly Mikey!

And Hou, that would be great if you could. The rust isn't too worrying if its on body panels (so if its chassis.. thats a different story). Faded paint is easy to cure with polish and skills (that I lack..). Condition of the paint isn't something I worry about TOO much, but so long as its not battered its fine.

Mechanical is what I'm after. 154k might be useless, but if its going strong whats wrong with it?

Hou, you may of got your Paseo for 550, but it depends where the hell you find them :thumbsup:

Well yeah mine was a steal!

Ill see if he is open tomorrow evening, and will ask for a test drive for you just up the forecourt - Just checked he closes before I get home from work :thumbsup:

Just begs the question why he doesnt stick it through its test at the 35 quid mot place down the road and sell it for an extra 100????

It is a long way to come dude, just keep an eye on ebay, thats how I found mine!

Yeah its a long way, hence why i asked him if he would tax and MOT it for me so its drivable, he said he would fix the problem and get it on the ramps... which left me thinking he would be MOT-ing it? Which means if hes trying to get shot of the car, he would just put it through and hardly MOT it as such.

No worries on that Hou, and i'l try to get your grilles off to you tomorrow, I need a small box to come up at work so I can have something to put them in. Joys of working at a DIY store :thumbsup:

Thanks for all your help guys, i'l await his call back to see what hes doing about the car, il ask the questions about condition and rust and see if he will lie about it to get a quick sale. If he is totally honest about it then we will look into it further.

Otherwise, my eyes are on another one too.. but its modified slightly - could mean its been ragged.