People Who Have Done 4efte Conversions...

Rob.. the n/a loom on the turb engine just causes problems with the lights and so on its not as easy as that.. you need the glanza/gt loom for a reason.

and it doesnt need changed???

no offence guys but the way your two guys are talking its pikey mechanic stuff... Rob bud your the complete winner on that too.

the rears would need changed.. theres no way a persons gona do a conversion and then leave the car standard... your gona up the power

GUARANTEED... and when you eventualy run 200bhp what in the fuck are those pansy little pots on the back gona do when under pressure?

there designed to for the car and the power of the engine... if it was "OK" dont you think they would have just left the gt's & glanza's with them ?

if your doing a conversion you do it the right way put the right money into it.. dont cut bits out.. your only gona run your self out of money or possibly kill your self.

also no offence taken .. some people like some dont.. each to their own.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob.. the n/a loom on the turb engine just causes problems with the lights and so on its not as easy as that.. you need the glanza/gt loom for a reason.

and it doesnt need changed???

Course they need to be changed, replace all the n/a looms with the glanza ones..plug and play, they only go together one way, i dont know where in my post i said keep n/a headlight loom?

having 200bhp isnt going to make your brakes worse is it, thats irrelevant. braking from 60mph whether you have 75 or 200bhp is the same. I also cant see where i said im personally keeping the rear drums, im uprating them.. I cant see how thats "pikey mechanics" :thumbsup:

i meant the looms totaly different with the lights and so.

seriously i hope your having a laugh... 75bhp compared to 200bhp.. theres a serious difference!!!

especialy on stopping distances..and it will make your breaks worse. you can set pads on fire as there not rated to cope with the heat... you can warp & crack discs.. theyre all designs specificaly for the car.. power.. the temperatures.. why do you think we buy better pads for the car when upping the power? for the better of our health or just the fact there more exspensive? dont be such an idiot.

hell if it was the case we'd all buy shitty 15£ pads and shitty discs... ohhh it doesnt make a difference... ??

certainly wouldnt like to be in your car anyway.

Ive done this conversion, it only took about days worth of work, but make sure you have all of the parts need, i know that sounds silly but when i did this i found at the end of it all i didnt have the turbo MAP sensor and the extrenal ignition amp. so planning is a must.

As for looms i just had the 4e-fte engine loom with ecu and wired it into the 4e-fe dash loom.

Jack

i have to disagree there about the brakes because i spoke to mr burwash about uprating them when i did the engine conversion and he said theres no point with such little braking going to the back plus he said that drums were alot more adjustable and can easily be made sharper than rear discs, because i have rear drums still doesnt mean im a pikey though!

seriously i hope your having a laugh... 75bhp compared to 200bhp.. theres a serious difference!!!

especialy on stopping distances..and it will make your breaks worse. you can set pads on fire as there not rated to cope with the heat... you can warp & crack discs.. theyre all designs specificaly for the car.. power.. the temperatures.. why do you think we buy better pads for the car when upping the power? for the better of our health or just the fact there more exspensive? dont be such an idiot.

hell if it was the case we'd all buy shitty 15£ pads and shitty discs... ohhh it doesnt make a difference... ??

your missing my point, if you have a 133bhp glanza and a 190bhp glanza both doing a breaking test from 60mph there going to pull up in the same distance, the standard car isnt going to pull up quicker because its got less power, if they both start at the same speed. We buy better pads for them, so we can pull up quicker than standard, not because the extra power has made stopping distances worse.

i have to disagree there about the brakes because i spoke to mr burwash about uprating them when i did the engine conversion and he said theres no point with such little braking going to the back plus he said that drums were alot more adjustable and can easily be made sharper than rear discs, because i have rear drums still doesnt mean im a pikey though!

obviously burwash is wrong mate :thumbsup: lol

just because one person says that doesnt make it gospel rob...

no offence but im going to be taking burwashs word over yours..

and re your post about "i wouldnt like to be in your car" implying my braking setup is shite, you dont know what ive even got..

haha some nice banter in here :thumbsup:

I think I'm going to stick with the original plan and just get a GT anyway, I would love to do a conversion but my main problem is I don't have a drive or garage or anywhere to work so it would be difficult.

For now I'm tempted to do a 5EFE swap but I'm not sure if the power difference will be enough to keep me entertained I might aswell just wait for a GT...

sorry mate i beg to differ but thats my own opinion.

mate hang on a second Love mate. you disagree that braking from 60mph in a car with 190bhp with an identical brake setup to a 130bhp car braking from 60mph will be the same??

im not being a smartarse, but can u therefore explain to me how the bhp of the car directly impacts upon the stopping distance of the car?? if BOTH cars have the same brake setup and are BOTH braking from an even 60mph HOW does one car having 60bhp MORE than the other provide a different result??

thats just nonsense dude. its braking distance from an even speed with even brakes...where exactly does the bhp come into play??

Jay's forged 5E probably has nearly 300bhp or there abouts, my n/a has like....70ish...but the brake set up probably isnt that different (unless he has uprated calipers in there that i missed when i was in it), but if we're both doin 60mph and haul on the anchors we'll both stop in roughly the same distance.

i apologise if i've misunderstood your argument, but as best as I can tell this is what you and rob are disagreeing with - you appear to believe that BHP directly impacts braking distance.

Phil.

mate hang on a second Love mate. you disagree that braking from 60mph in a car with 190bhp with an identical brake setup to a 130bhp car braking from 60mph will be the same??

im not being a smartarse, but can you therefore explain to me how the bhp of the car directly impacts upon the stopping distance of the car?? if BOTH cars have the same brake setup and are BOTH braking from an even 60mph HOW does one car having 60bhp MORE than the other provide a different result??

thats just nonsense dude. its braking distance from an even speed with even brakes...where exactly does the bhp come into play??

Jay's forged 5E probably has nearly 300bhp or there abouts, my n/a has like....70ish...but the brake set up probably isnt that different (unless he has uprated calipers in there that i missed when i was in it), but if we're both doin 60mph and haul on the anchors we'll both stop in roughly the same distance.

i apologise if i've misunderstood your argument, but as best as I can tell this is what you and rob are disagreeing with - you appear to believe that BHP directly impacts braking distance.

Phil.

yup thats my point, and as far as i can tell aswell 'love' disagress with it! I dont think youve misunderstood :D:thumbsup:

On another note I think the point some people miss with brakes is that you can go *faster* for *longer* because you don't have to brake so early, it's not just a safety feature.

Anyway does anyone think it will be worth dropping a 5E block in while I wait for a GT or is it not that much better to be worth the cost/effort?

I am seriously bored of 80 or whatever the fuck bhp it is, it's fucking pathetic and even if you have the thrill of going round a corner fast it doesn't have any power on the corner exits.

good rob.

i dont disagree for a second that brake upgrades are not worthy of attention, thats not what i'm contesting, i have upgraded my own brakes.

but this post above just makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. naturally bigger horsepower cars require better brakes, because the manner in which they are driven differs significantly from how a stock EP80 or a Metro would be driven.

however, we're not comparing stopping distances of Zondas to Starlets. We're talking about comparing starlets with starlets, and in particular about how a standard brake setup will fare in terms of stopping distance with 130bhp compared to how it will cope with 190bhp+ if being driven at 60mph for each test.

at no point does the extra 60bhp impact upon braking distance simply because the engine is capable of that added performance, its a like for like comparison of brake setup at a common velocity.

so, having said that, Love can u explain to me where the added bhp comes into play in the stopping distance??

i'm honestly not being a cunt, but u called Rob an idiot and implied he has some shoddy brake setup simply because he disagreed with your opinion, which I am also now doing. as far as im aware my n/a will pull up from 60mph just as well as Jay's 300brake monster simply because the brake set ups are fairly similar.

you mentioned setting pads on fire and warping discs, so i will anticipate that your reply will refer to how a 200bhp starlet is driven much harder than a standard n/a and will therefore be much harder on the braking system, which is of course logical - geo has cracked numerous discs whereas I havnt, simply because he drives harder than i do. but this is not the point that rob was making, so if u provide the above reply it will not be relevant to the argument that u and rob are having - comprende?????

Phil.

uuufffttt

gettin ryt bitchy in here eh?? lolage :D

get the turbo mate :p

from what ive seen and read unless you're willing to spend loads and you are defo in L.O.V.E. with your n/a, there is no point

:thumbsup:

take care in whatever you choose bud

my posts aren't being bitchy, I've stated twice that i aint being a wiseass.

im simply tryin to develop the argument from "your an idiot" to an explanation with some proper substance to it, from name calling to reasoned explanation.

the bitchyness has got nout to do with me.

Phil.