Just Hit Fuel Cut Lol

I just didnt see the point in the thread to be honest.

I hit fuel cut in my car probably a good few thousand times no joke. Even got some videos of it banging some flames out, dont see me posting that though lol

As long as your happy mate :lol:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just didnt see the point in the thread to be honest.

I hit fuel cut in my car probably a good few thousand times no joke. Even got some videos of it banging some flames out, dont see me posting that though lol

As long as your happy mate :lol:

lol fair shout, y do you hit it if its bad lol?

Is there any proof that fuel cut damages the engine? I often hear of people hitting it but never see any posts say 'i hit fuel cut and my engine blew up'. Is it not more a safeguard for the engine to stop it blowing up. Funny topic either way, i like it.

The way I see it being "bad" is the same as sitting on the rev limiter.

Going from full load to nothing to full load to nothing very very quickly can't be good for the engine, but obviously it's better than over-revving/running lean and breaking or melting something.

:lol: hitting fuel cuts not life or death to the car..

Its there to stop you from doing damage to the internals & turbo lol.

theres a first time for everything mate dont worry about it.

Its a jap engine.. and a tought mucker at that... hitting the fuel cut its not going to sh*t its self and have a blow out..

theres more chance of a piston melting in the third cylinder...

fuel cut, cuts the fuel.

thus, stopping the car revving up, but the caveat is also a lean burn for a split second.

its a pikey way of stopping it revving up. ignition cutting is better but it produces mc flames (that all a bee*r is/does) so you cant really have that on a stock car.

unless youre sitting there bashing it off of fuel cut constantly nothing bad will happen. hitting it once and using that as a warning is the best way to go about it.

at the end of the day, its there to stop you damaging the engine, if it was really going to borg the engine, it wouldnt be there/would be let lower, etc.

alternativly, get your car setup properly so it doesnt hit fuel cut yes? ^^;

Right guys slat me if you want, but i just wanna know see when you say "hit fuel cut" is that the limiter or what ? and I've got that hks fuel cut defender so what is it like hitting fuel cut? its not something i know about i just wanna learn as much as poss. also dont wanna f*ck my engine in the mean time :lol: some1 let me know please :)

Right guys slat me if you want, but i just wanna know see when you say "hit fuel cut" is that the limiter or what ? and I've got that hks fuel cut defender so what is it like hitting fuel cut? its not something i know about i just wanna learn as much as poss. also dont wanna f*ck my engine in the mean time :lol: some1 let me know please :)

I've always seen fuel cut described as being like "hitting a wall".

I hope you've got your fuelling sorted, as a fuel cut defender by itself is bad news.

I've always seen fuel cut described as being like "hitting a wall".

I hope you've got your fuelling sorted, as a fuel cut defender by itself is bad news.

well basically i am running a bar of boost.

hks fuel cut defender

fse pressure regulator

hks adjustable actuator.

running about 30 -34 fuel psi

enzo's been out in my car and driven it, never said a bad thing about it but i just wondered what hitting fuel cut is like because i dont think i've ever done it :/

more i know about this stuff the better i am going over to his tonight might have a chat about it but i dont know enough about this stuff to be honest thanks for the help though ste :lol:

fuel cut, cuts the fuel.

thus, stopping the car revving up, but the caveat is also a lean burn for a split second.

its a pikey way of stopping it revving up. ignition cutting is better but it produces mc flames (that all a bee*r is/does) so you cant really have that on a stock car.

unless youre sitting there bashing it off of fuel cut constantly nothing bad will happen. hitting it once and using that as a warning is the best way to go about it.

at the end of the day, its there to stop you damaging the engine, if it was really going to borg the engine, it wouldnt be there/would be let lower, etc.

What rick says.. but your car does a bit of the juddering. then flings up some lights i assume.

some what like boost creep or what i dont knw?

you here things like 'hitting a brick wall' etc but it's not all that bad. just a bit like a bad misfire.

you will be revving your car then all of a sudden it will jolt or judder, thats fuel cut it will most likely throw up an error code but nothing to worry about, it goes when the ignition gets turned off.

the only time i have hit fuel cut is on the motor way, when i was doing some heavy revving in 4th as it's a long ratio gear.

it mostly happens on motor ways when the turbo has a long time to spool and can over boost or creep, or on a cold night when the air is super dence.

yeh its deffo not like hitting a brick wall just feels like hitting a speedbump too quickly or something like that. well actually just like tapping the brake momentarely while at speed. once or twice wont do any serious damage lol

yeh its deffo not like hitting a brick wall just feels like hitting a speedbump too quickly or something like that. well actually just like tapping the brake momentarely while at speed. once or twice wont do any serious damage lol

oh i aint had anything like that lol :lol: happy days (H) sorry badassracer i dont think i've met you yet are you derek or someone? geo's mate? I think hes mentioned you before. nice to meet you all anyway :)

fuel cut, cuts the fuel.

What he said ^^^

And a gumby for the urban dictionary is a complete and utter retard (using that word lightly) who doesnt know his left from right, someone who constantly FAILS.

example; 'i tried to port and polish my engine by tipping sand into the inlet manifold while the engine was at full rev's.....'

'you GUMBY!'

Mitch

Edit: it would actually probably be like this : ' eye tryed 2 purt n powlish my enjin bye tipin sand in 2 da inlet manitee wile teh enjin woz at full reverands...'

'.......you GUMBY!'

oh i aint had anything like that lol :) happy days (H) sorry badassracer i dont think i've met you yet are you derek or someone? geo's mate? I think hes mentioned you before. nice to meet you all anyway :lol:

Nah mate i live a good few hundred miles from the scot lol I've had advice off enzo a few times for things on my car but only over PM. never met him lol and my names steve as well lol

Edit: it would actually probably be like this : ' eye tryed 2 purt n powlish my enjin bye tipin sand in 2 da inlet manitee wile teh enjin woz at full reverands...'

'.......you GUMBY!'

^^^Major lol to that haha

you managed to hit fuel cut arround yeovil? i get it all the time but sure my spec is bit higher than yours mate

yer man, duel carriageway or other places, its only happend since i upped the boost abit more, ive put it back down a couple notches now.

are you from yeovil are you?

yer man, duel carriageway or other places, its only happend since i upped the boost abit more, ive put it back down a couple notches now.

are you from yeovil are you?

yea mate, used to have the c20let astra xe corsa etc, got a black starlet now supprised you aint seen it