Just Hit Fuel Cut Lol

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 150bhp is a standard figure, so the glanza's 133bhp standard is beaten by the vauxhall,

You had to tune the glanza to get that power, and for there age the vauxhalls are powerful cars

I have two redtops, mk2 astra and mk1 nova converted, and they are both quick, i dont care what anyone else says lol

Gary

theres loads of arguments for and against vauxhall, all that i have had have been good fun and one i find a home for my 2ltr turbo lump i will probably go back to the vauxhall scene. that said im loving my gt but cant get anywhere near my vauxhall engines power unless i spend a load of money, id go work for toyota but my loacall one is only a small one unfortunly :ph34r:

The 150bhp is a standard figure, so the glanza's 133bhp standard is beaten by the vauxhall,

You had to tune the glanza to get that power, and for there age the vauxhalls are powerful cars

I have two redtops, mk2 astra and mk1 nova converted, and they are both quick, i dont care what anyone else says lol

Gary

not disputing it but for a 2.0l they aint quick, power to weight a standard starlet at 133bhp will beat a 150bhp astra the power/weight figures say that on paper

i have a mate who has a mk3 astra and another with a nova both with red tops and im sorry but my starlet pretty much standard caned them both lol

yes, i was mainly saying that they were fast for there time,

My astra was out in 1989 and at that time a 150bhp car that can do 140mph was rapid lol.

Im more in them for the fun, the nova im builing in my opinion will beat a starlet around knockhill circuit, but im not about wining, i only bought the astra and nova as fun and cause they are rare.

Gary

Gary

Just so you know i was talking about the corsa's... which back then & now.. corsa's never came with a 2 litre engine... only thing that came close was the gsi 1.6... correct me if im wrong came at... 110.5 PS (109.0 bhp ) (81.3 kW ) @ 6000 rpm

Which if you put the galnza and corsa together the corsa would get its doors pulled apart.

now for a 2 ltr corsa you'd have to convert it.. so if thats plausable i should be allowed to tune my car..

so id still pull the doors off them.

as for your astra... go by power to weight ratio... and youll have a big surprise.

lol @ Rube :ph34r:

This thread was destined from the start :(

I dont mind Vauxhall's, old school Astras and Nova's especially, but everywhere you go and there Vauxhall's theres people just syaing "RedTop innit"

Far too common for my liking, but thats because its so easy to do and parts are so cheap etc

lol @ Rube :ph34r:

This thread was destined from the start :(

I dont mind Vauxhall's, old school Astras and Nova's especially, but everywhere you go and there Vauxhall's theres people just syaing "RedTop innit"

Far too common for my liking, but thats because its so easy to do and parts are so cheap etc

I hate the phrase "redtop", everytime someone sees a corsa round here it's like "is that a redtop" or some shit like that, when it's a fucking 1.1 or something.

I do like some old Vauxhalls (Chevettes are great) but can't stand the redtop bums, especially when you ask them what a C20XE is and they can't answer.

yeh thats right the 2.5l is the cavvy engine lol

yeh well its certainly different and better than a red top engine lol just totally screws the handling up though having that much power and weight in a light front wheel drive car lol