Is Anyone Using Tuning Development's Brake Kit?

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index...._item&id=63

Been looking at these and just wanted some info on them, searched for reviews on google but want some answers from Starlet owners really.

Yellow Stuff Pads

What is the braking like;

- when cold?

- moderately warmed up?

- after hard use?

I have read that they get better as they warm up but how do they compare to OEM brakes in the cold?

They say they're ok for track use, has anyone had any fade problems with them?

What's the brake dust like? Worse/better/the same as OEM?

I've tried to compare them to Red stuff but alot of people say avoid red stuff?

Grooved & Dimpled discs

After reading bad things about 3G I assume EBC are better?

Do the grooved & dimpled discs give much improvement over OEM? (For both road & track use?)

Has anyone had any problems with them?

Are they worth the money? I can't see OEM discs being good enoough for fast road/light track use myself.

Braided brake lines

Do they really make a big difference?

Are they worth the money?

Basically what I'm asking is it worth buying a package like this or am I better off buying different parts seperately. (On the same budget or less).

From what I've seen red stuff ones are not very good unless there constantly getting abuse on track.. On the road they never really seemed to heat up..

Braided lines are pretty good, take away a bit of the spongy pedal feel, and will sharpen the braking a little as they don't expand when braking like the rubber ones.

I think they are slightly overpriced. Discs are awearable iten. I'd recomend goin onto eBay and geting some brembo casts for cheap. You can't notice te extra performance with the dimples to be honest. They just look good.

I'd also do green stuff. They operate in the right heat range for road use. yellow stuff pads need a lot more heat to work right.

The best mods that are better value for money is some braided lines, a bmcs and some fresh .5 brake fluid. These three along the greenstuffs is all you need. Very resistant to faid and ul set the pads on fire before getting fade

• 3 weeks later...

braided lines are a good mod, not terribly expensive either. I've used the HEL lines and thought they were excellent for the money! Plus come in a range of cool colours!

I bought a set of EBC yellowstuff pads and to be honest i am not impressed (in comparison to the ferrodos)! Although cold bite is fairly good! I'm running them with project mu discs and they are not near as good as i expected. I ran DS2500 pads on my ep82 and they were outstanding, next set of pads i will be going back to the ferrodo's!

I have a friend who runs a supercharged EP3 civic type r, he had an EBC grooved disc and yellow stuff setup, he managed to crack two sets of discs while on knockhill (seperate occasions obv)

Also i'm sure i've read somewhere that grooved and drilled discs dont really do much, Spoon sports brake upgrade is a plain non grooved or drilled disc! Must be reason in there!