External Wastegate Help?!

hi all..

anyone on here run a screamer on there GT/Glanza? realy like the sound of an ext wastegate, but as im not realy running enought boost to warant on, and the wastegate on my hybrid is all ready ported to a large size there is no need. but still after that noise they make..

so , if anyone has one, does it sound similar to one? or did it sound different to what you had hoped for?

even beter, anyone got any vids of theres. can only see 2 on youtube lol.

sorry if this is wrong section, no idea where this would go.

Jay

i had one on my ct9 setup and i loved it it sounds similar but higher pitched when on boost but most sound tractorish off boost (wicked ep /nightpager etc) race-tech to a good one that doesnt blow and im currently selling a nightpager that ricky from racetech has played with so shouldnt blow. (pm me if interested)

but i loved the sound, although some peopl dont like it

ok ok..i originaly wanted an external wastegate, asi totaly agree about the noise they make.. but as i have the HKS actuator and internal wastegate on a GT spec hybrid, i just wondered would it be cheaper and get similar effects with just a screamer pipe. theres a gt 5 round here and it has one, sounds complete wank, but there is also a civic turbo conversion with an internal wastegate and a screamer and it sounds decent.

ok so exactly what is needed to get an external waste set up, and what price am i lookin at for it all roughly?

will it be ok to do it on a ct9 hybrid or is it not worth it?

Jay

get a weper power up kit mate . comes with mani , screamer , decat and oil line because it moves the turbo slightly really is a great bit of kit all for just £364 shipped, Ive got this kit and its really good quality

pics are down the page

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13188

get a weper power up kit mate . comes with mani , screamer , decat and oil line because it moves the turbo slightly really is a great bit of kit all for just £364 shipped, Ive got this kit and its really good quality

pics are down the page

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13188

oh rite, but you said screamer?! that looks like its for an EWG? am i mistaken?

would only need manifold i think.. does he sell them seperate?

Cheers guys

Jay

yeah for ct9 mate , kelly other on tgtt made 180bhp on this on a standard turbo in her auto gt,

bang on!

rite ok, so exactly what am i gunna need then..

ive got at the moment, aftermarket SS mani, Hybrid ct9, HKS actuator, Blitz decat pipe, and soon will have a Blitz dual SBC boost controller. would be on a greddy emanage blue.

if i was to sell my stainless mani, HKS actuator, and blitz ebc. and replace for a WEPR mani, and a manual boost controller would this be all i need ( other than the EGW its self ) and weld the penny flap shut?

sorry if i make no sense, ive got a bit lost with it all. you do need some kind of boost control i take it with the EGW? want to run 1.1-1.2 bar?

Jay

You can go bush mechanic like i've done with mine :p, i have an autobahn mani ( i can hear you all going :p lol) and my ext gate fabricated to the top with a screamer coming off that,

will get pics to show you later (and before anyone starts its a temporary setup until i get more cash flowing but it will work and do its job in the meantime, probs need to reweld the mani after a few months but the things you need to do lol)

but with regards to a screamer on an internally gated ct9 it will be the same as an ext gate the actuator will only open at the set boost pressure to release excess boost pressure down the screamer, giving same effect.

Dont get rid of the blits ebc , you will need that on the ewg, you can also get diffrent pressure rated springs for the wastegate . For better boost control.

exactly you get diff rated springs from ebay to open at set lowest pressure you want then use the ebc to control boost above that.

All of the above seems a giant ball ache if you just want the sound, get a decat / screamer to run with the internal gate and it will sound just as good, save you a fortune too, external wastegate is only really going to give you better boost control which is overkill in my opinion for a ct9.

Swap you decat for one of these and you will be sorted.

DSC_0262-1.jpg