Im thinking of getting a RARB, what brand should I buy, as far is I know whiteline have good products.

also do i need to spend extra money to get an adjustable one, i will never go on a track and mainly use it on the road.

can i just get the anti-roll bar and get it fitted or do i have to get additional things like 'drop links' whatever that is.

what thickness is best to get if mainly road driving ive only seen 20mm.

how much roughly would it cost to get it fitted? i live in london.

" [post=0]http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=58863 "

price any good on this website? the non-adjustable bar cost £145.52 including delivery and tax.

by the way i have a 5 door N/A starlet ep91

thanks

anup :thumbsup:

Go whiteline, tried and tested. No you dont need anything extra. Adjustable is your choice really, mines fixed becasue id tweak out altering it all them time and would probably never be able to decide on the best setting.

Fit it yourself, tis easy and im no mechanic.

i cant fit it myself....im 17! and i dont have the tools and equipment for it, i might ask my cousin who is a mechanic, but i just want to know figures. OK non-adjustable it is.....ive tried the white direct uk website but its not working.

and also will it get rid of the body roll?... ok not all of the body roll but right now im hanging onto to the steering wheel when going around corners....i just need some covincing because its a lot of money...ive still got my steelies, so rims or a RARB

Handling wise rear arb is in my opinion the best mod, its not going to eliminate body roll but ties up the whole back end, makes it feel like the rear is actually connected to the car and like its not just draggin the back end around.

Try traders on this site for one, for best prices i believe mike at monster motorsport is very competitive.

Now is the time to get some tools 17 or not, you only need the basics and a drill, would be cheaper buying the tools than getting it fitted.

thanks for the heads up on monster motorsport, its £5 cheaper on there....every little bit counts! :)

basicly i want to know if it doesn't get rid off body roll then how does it improve the handling! :thumbsup: ....so i ask everyone shall I get a RARB or 15" alloy wheels??

It's not an EK9 or something, it IS a Starlet after all, it may not get rid of all body roll but everyone who's bought one has notice a VAST improvement..I'm saving up for one now :thumbsup:

I'd definitely go for RARB, if you get alloys now, alloys the car will still handle shite, RARB will make it a helluva lot more enjoyable to drive dude!

a RARB it is then :) ...safe man!

im confused the 22mm RARB is £117 and 24mm RARB is £142...wats the diffrence????? worth the extra money??

and also heavy duty or normal?

thanks

anup :thumbsup:

a RARB it is then :thumbsup: ...safe man! im confused the 22mm RARB is £117 and 24mm RARB is £142...wats the diffrence????? worth the extra money?? and also heavy duty or normal? thanks anup :(

Got links Anup? I think the cheaper one may be a front ARB. You can get them in different thickness-es lol

The Rear ones I believe only come in one thickness, and are either adjustable (around £160) or non-adjustable (around £140)

And yup they're supposed to be heavy duty, higher strength than OEM units (we don't even HAVE an OEM Rear ARB :p)

Hope that helps! :)

Got links Anup? I think the cheaper one may be a front ARB. You can get them in different thickness-es lol

The Rear ones I believe only come in one thickness, and are either adjustable (around £160) or non-adjustable (around £140)

And yup they're supposed to be heavy duty, higher strength than OEM units (we don't even HAVE an OEM Rear ARB tongue.gif)

Hope that helps! smile.gif

:thumbsup: im sorry people it was a front anti-roll bar :(

heres the link Page with anti-roll bars

The thicker one would be stiffer than the thinner, perhaps more suited to hard track use.

Id go for the 22mm for road use.

Mitch

and thanks mitch....im gonna go for a non-adjustable 1 hopefully in a few weeks when i get my diwali money :)

Definatly get the RARB mate thet make so much difference. After only just fitting one to mine i would highly recommend them.

I have the 22mm Fixed RARB and i got it from the legend that is Mike at Monster smile.gif

thanks liam i probably will get it from there

thanks every1

Anup =)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, got the parts a few weeks ago, but didn't get a chance to fit them all yet..

Fitted one side of the anti-lift kit, it does lift a lot less under acceleration, but there'll be a more noticeable difference when I get them both on lol..

I was doing the other side last night, but the thread on the front anti-roll bar rods is knackered, so gotta wait until I get a new rod & nuts from Toyota to get it all on properly :harhar:

As for the RARB, if I can get the keys to my mates garage, I'm gonna have a go at fitting that tonight, but I won't be able to test it properly seeing as the front-anti roll bar won't be linked up :lol: ..I'll probably have everything done towards the end of next week so I'll let you know then :lol:

Yeah, got the parts a few weeks ago, but didn't get a chance to fit them all yet..

Fitted one side of the anti-lift kit, it does lift a lot less under acceleration, but there'll be a more noticeable difference when I get them both on lol..

I was doing the other side last night, but the thread on the front anti-roll bar rods is knackered, so gotta wait until I get a new rod & nuts from Toyota to get it all on properly :harhar:

As for the RARB, if I can get the keys to my mates garage, I'm gonna have a go at fitting that tonight, but I won't be able to test it properly seeing as the front-anti roll bar won't be linked up :D ..I'll probably have everything done towards the end of next week so I'll let you know then :lol:

Great man!

nice to see that you are giving it a go your self, when i get mine, im gonna get it fitted my some1 else :p

i bought some 15" MOMO corse rims wid 45 profile tyres (all used, but tyres are in good condition :lol: )

should be getting my build thread up soon 2 :p

Great man! nice to see that you are giving it a go your self, when i get mine, im gonna get it fitted my some1 else :lol: i bought some 15" MOMO corse rims wid 45 profile tyres (all used, but tyres are in good condition :harhar: ) should be getting my build thread up soon 2 :p

Yeah I haven't really got any mechanical knowledge, but I'm keem to learn enough to maintain my car and do simple jobs :D

My mates got a garage with a ramp and every tool you could ever need so that makes it easier lol

I didn't get a chance to do the RARB today, but I'll post it up on this thread when I do :lol:

Ooh Momo Corses, those are one of my favourite wheels :p nice!

Yeah I haven't really got any mechanical knowledge, but I'm keem to learn enough to maintain my car and do simple jobs :(

My mates got a garage with a ramp and every tool you could ever need so that makes it easier lol

I didn't get a chance to do the RARB today, but I'll post it up on this thread when I do ;)

Ooh Momo Corses, those are one of my favourite wheels :D nice!

the guy i was gonna get the momo's off was a dik!!!!!

he sold them on ebay, when he promised he would take it off there and deliver it to me after failing to do it two times before!!!!!!! :D

anywhey i will be in search for alloy wheels again...

Haven't heard back from you about the strut brace mate did you manage to fit it alright?

no :( not yet, i havn't got the right tools, so in time i will get my cousin to help me fit it (hes a mechanic)

if not ill go to my uncles house to do it..... its partly my fault because im lazy :(