Filled the starlet lastnight with ultimate was really surprised at how much more responsove the car is and sounds different too. im sure. also took out that double din japanese radio/cd player so i have tunes now. jus need a pocket to put in the gap above stereo

There'll be some compensation in the ECU but otherwise as Ste says, its a placebo - the increased octane rating means the petrol itself is more resistant to detonation, which as a result means you can run more advance timing to create wider/more expansive flame front on combustion, hence a fuller, more complete combustion. And the ECU won't map itself to achieve that, what it will do is release some timing if it was pulling back if there were some minimal knock detected.

Higher octane petrol doesn't add power, it allows for it

I yoused bp when i first got my apexi ecu on my glanza but my engine mangement light

was coming on not staying on just a flicker now and then so i rang the guy how mapped my car and he said

try vpower it could be the injecsion timeing so i give it a go and it stoped so i think vpower is a bit better than

bp well it must be the ecu worked out it had more octaine mind spelling didnt go to school much :thumbsup:

There'll be some compensation in the ECU but otherwise as Ste says, its a placebo - the increased octane rating means the petrol itself is more resistant to detonation, which as a result means you can run more advance timing to create wider/more expansive flame front on combustion, hence a fuller, more complete combustion. And the ECU won't map itself to achieve that, what it will do is release some timing if it was pulling back if there were some minimal knock detected.

ahhh cheers for the heads up :thumbsup:

this post is a winner. you have a way with words riko

i didnt read this bit lol sound like this lad knows his shit lol

haha funnily enough, i was flicking through the channels and fifth gear was on dave ja vu. they said that bp ultimate and shell v power does help make the car perform better. the cars produced the same break, but its response and performance was increased when they used bp and shell compared with the usual stuff. :thumbsup:

well whatever anyone says i started putting super unleaded in mine a few months ago and i actually noticed a difference the car seemed more responsive so one way or another you can notice a different in the turbos especially lol

maybe it makes a diffrence after a few tank fulls....but i dont have that kind of money :thumbsup: .....i preffer shell standard petrol....very good stufff and cheap aswell

exactly right dude i didnt notice it straight away but after about 3 tanks it starts to kick in lol

haha i think your all dreaming lmao! if there is any increse of any kind it will be possible 2/3bhp... take into account transmition loss and rolling road resistance and how is that ever going to be noticable?

as riko stated... it gives you the opurtunity to run more power safely. plus those with turbo's thinking it makes a difference, in japan they run 100ron fuel we only have 99 so if anything we have a loss :thumbsup:

get it on a rolling road running ultimate then tweak the timming slightly advanced keeping an eye on det, and with that you might then notice a difference :D