Is It Worth It ?

it does make a big difference. its not huge bhp gains obviously but weight counts a lot towards acceleration and speed and stripping the back out in my opinion makes a big difference. plus removing the air con makes a big difference too lol

Can't relate to removing just back seats exactly, but when I was switching my seats to GT ones, I stripped everything out bar the driver's bucket, and it made a big difference! Accelerated, braked and handled a lot better. Shame I had to put the seats back in lol practicality's a priority for me unfortunately :harhar:

I can't really comment about removing the seats but know about weight saving :lol:

If your getting rid of the rear seats then might be worth taking out some more as well. Taking seats out is the first step. Will look sort of stripped then, so might as well ditch rear seat belts and plastics. Then comes everything else that isn't essential. If the car works with out it rip it out! :harhar: :lol:

well said jase. if you dont need it then theres no point in it being there i believe lol

exactly i never use the rear seats.. (maybe once and while if lucky with a lady) but i just find them no use and costing me money on petrol.. plus

i love to think they will give me more speed !! :harhar:

As Jase said if you take the seats out you may aswell remove other stuff which isnt needed. I.e rear seatbelts they weigh quite a bit!!

Oh and the front seats and bonnet are more than good enough for some rumpy pumpy :harhar:

I took out the air con which was heavier than I thought, rear seats, plastics, seat belts, spare tyre, everything outta the back. I did notice that the car tended to steam up more than before and it was considerably colder in the winter months inside the car, but it did improve the acceleration and handling a bit. My turbo used to boost a max of 0.9 bar on hard acceleration, then after I stripped it it boosted to around 1.0 so theres a bonus to taking the heavy shit out.

Also after you have got rid of everything that is not essential then its best to start replacing the stuff that is essential with light weight versions to help. eg get rid of all the seats but replace drivers seat with light weight bucket seat, and a passengers seat if you really need it.

My thing is stupidly light but after i have built it im going to begin trying to get the weight down as much as possible. And i mean looking at everything on the car......not that there is much on it to begin with. Obviously i will keep stuff like gauges, covers etc but if it doesn't help with egtting me round a track quicker or helping improve the car in some way its coming off. I believe the weight should be around the 550kg mark but im hoping to get it down to alot less than 500kg :harhar: and then some.............

Also after you have got rid of everything that is not essential then its best to start replacing the stuff that is essential with light weight versions to help. eg get rid of all the seats but replace drivers seat with light weight bucket seat, and a passengers seat if you really need it.

My thing is stupidly light but after i have built it im going to begin trying to get the weight down as much as possible. And i mean looking at everything on the car......not that there is much on it to begin with. Obviously i will keep stuff like gauges, covers etc but if it doesn't help with egtting me round a track quicker or helping improve the car in some way its coming off. I believe the weight should be around the 550kg mark but im hoping to get it down to alot less than 500kg :harhar: and then some.............

500 kg !!!! :lol:

Depends if you've picked up someone double jointed lol, the bonnet is too flimsy for anything lol!!

Damien

well.. now the seats are gone all i need now is a pillow.. good enough for a good night out with a girl in the back

Oh and the front seats and bonnet are more than good enough for ome rumpy pumpy :p

thats a guy talking from expirience :harhar:

I took out the air con which was heavier than I thought, rear seats, plastics, seat belts, spare tyre, everything outta the back. I did notice that the car tended to steam up more than before and it was considerably colder in the winter months inside the car, but it did improve the acceleration and handling a bit. My turbo used to boost a max of 0.9 bar on hard acceleration, then after I stripped it it boosted to around 1.0 so theres a bonus to taking the heavy shit out.

Now then bud long time since I've seen you on here hows the forging of my old engine going?

500 kg !!!! :lol:

Yep thats why its the demon haha 200bhp with that weight haha 400bhp/ton roughly power to weight lol that aint going to be fast the fuckers going to take off haha

well.. now the seats are gone all i need now is a pillow.. good enough for a good night out with a girl in the back

:lol: good lad weight is gay no one needs it lol and haha chuck a couple of duvets and pillows in bud then its better than any b&b haha