Help needed please

Hi I am new on here and was after some of your knowledge and help,

I have recently had an accident in my car and unfortunately destroyed it however just before doing so I was looking into getting a starlet turbo one of my friend's has got one and I am kind of hooked.

But due to the accident I wont to get some thing a bit cheaper like an SR to insure run so on so on,

So I have just got to try and find one but what other ep91 carry the same engine does the sportif have the same engine what is the other differences in spec please help as I can find loads of the sportif's and was wondering if it is worth hanging on to get the SR model or not.

help

before

poijn9pui20.jpg

after

DSC03784.jpg

damn man that was such a nice example, what happened?

The whole ep91 range have the same engine, the SR was slightly more sporty looking with Alloys, a backbox n decals and a rev counter, the GLS was the more classy looking model with chrome door handles and smarter interior console and cluster. The others were less spec'd and some did not even have power steering (S i think)

Man thats gutting, thats one of the nicest Coupes I've seen :p

What happened and your right it did get destroyed

As the gentlemen said above performance wise they are the same (just sounds a bit meatier with a back box and lowered 25mm)

I would hang on but it really Depends on how much you were gona modify the lil starlet. If not much get the SR because the wheels are decent enough andhave the rev counter and that etc so thats less money to spend on it.

Hope this helps

Oh and welcome to the club and happy starlet hunting :lol:

thank you all very much for your help yea i kind of made a mess of it. civic's are set up to lift of over steer so you can point the front end into a corner more agresively however me being tight and purchasing some cheap tyres to run at santa pod instead of my usual yokohama advan's it kind of steped out to the point of no return once i pulled it back and floored it to pull it out of the snake game over railing's :p good car lot's of fun but once i have done one i try summin different and like i said really hooked on the starlet at the moe,

yea the reason for me asking about the difference is i my plan is to get a starlet drop it on some 5zigen FN01R 15' by 7s in black, tein coilover's, front strut brace if i can find one a full rear cage strip the interior out bucket's and takkata harneses full system and induction kit, i like the galanza T bumper's and side skirt's along with the spoiler and front black headlight's but wont to keep the orange indicator's i am into the JDM look, in the future i would like to drop a turbo lump in it, but to start of with n asp power till i sort insurance and my money out had a lot in the civic and not getting much back out of it

Got some good plans there mate :p

May aswell go for one of the base models if your going to do all that, pretty hard to find a glanza kit cheap unless you wnt to go to toyota and have your arm ripped off!!!!!

Your Looking at £1k for teins so i would recommend D2's coilovers at nearly half the price, as for roll cage i am looking for one as mine is stripped and looking kinda bare in the back at the mo.

Also beware as starlets tend to have lift off over steer :lol:

Got some good plans there mate :lol:

May aswell go for one of the base models if your going to do all that, pretty hard to find a glanza kit cheap unless you wnt to go to toyota and have your arm ripped off!!!!!

Your Looking at £1k for teins so i would recommend D2's coilovers at nearly half the price, as for roll cage i am looking for one as mine is stripped and looking kinda bare in the back at the mo.

Also beware as starlets tend to have lift off over steer :p

chears i will look into the d2 coilover's that is handy to no i have been looking but not hard anoth it would seem because i have struggled to find thing's, they have lift of over stear to :lol: oh well as long as i dont put ditch finder pro tyre's on it hopefully i wont end up owning another set of barriers i have found a pic of the sort of look i am going for on the outside

943_0.jpg

just more street jdm than track car what is the engine like for tuning most rite up's i read reach about stage one induction fueling zorst is there much more availabe cam's extra

My cousin is the main people in the UK for D2 i think, check their website under my signature, D2 suspensions.

Either one of those links provide D2 Suspension information, check them out :lol:

NIce civic by the way, i know a lot that owes hatch back civic.

martinjkent have you posted your car on the Ep Riders section as i don't think i've seen your car before :p But it looks the beast in your avartar.

thanks v much so i am pritty much decided d2 coilovers way to go and i realy like some of the rota wheels or the 5 zigen i like bronze black or white not shore yet

5zigen_fn01r-c_(bronze)_front_zoom.jpg

5zigen_fn01r-c_(gloss_black)_front_zoom.jpg

5zigen_fn01r-c_(matt_black)_front_zoom.jpg

and i wont a jap can coming out at an angle like on a 200sx if that makes sence

nicebg9og.jpg

where do you get the black headlights from or can i do them myself by spliting the lense had to do this with the civic but looks so much better

martinjkent have you posted your car on the Ep Riders section as i don't think i've seen your car before :p But it looks the beast in your avartar.

Hey Shelly, No I didn't throw it on the Ep section. Kinda new to this forum, How do I do that. Haha :lol:

Seen Martins car on tgtt and gotta say i love it :p

@ J18RSA any of those wheels would look lush, the ones on that civic are Rotas and i think Glanza Ragger has them and look really nice. Im going for an angled Jap can too :lol:

@shelly i think he is going for a glanza Rep :lol:

sorry to steal your post rob (J18RSA) im a newbie here to and also looking in to a starlet as an upgrade is drasticly needed from my fiesta but does anyone know the official stats for the sr (BHP, 0-60 weight etc etc) im supposed to be going to sunderland to look at

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/CARS_...200631101224715

but im not wanting to loose speed just ££££££££££££'s of tax and insurance

many thanks rob