Cars Still Havin Boost Cut With A Fcd On It!

i got the car last monday and when we was briggin it home we fount out it has a boost cut

i got a fcd.

looked at my ecu and theres already a greddy boost cut defencer!

will the fcd be broke or not wired up properly or could it be i have a engine proplem?

or is it nothing to do with the engine that i have boost cut?

thanx tat

the greddy FCDs are different from the HKS ones. they are actually good for a start.

the bypass the cut rather than change the ECU signals.

you cant change settings on them etc.

what sort of thing is happening? it might not be fuel cut. is the EM light coming up on the dash?

the ONLY fuel cut defenders worth their salt is the Greddy unit (has to be the 4efte one though, they are car specific) or the JAM Racing ones.

they are quite hard to find these days mind.

the HKS ones are just crap to be honest. they resist the ecu signals so the car thinks its running a lower boost. it effectivly leans the fueling out across the entire rev range. a very pikey (but cheaper to produce) way of doing things.

dont believe in fcd's 2bh will never use one but as rick said the hks ones really are shocking

I've gone down the plug and play ecu route much more beneficial in my opinion guys

and tat did you get your plug in and play? and if so did it sort the problem out? havnt heared from you in a while give us an update lol

the HKS ones are just crap to be honest. they resist the ecu signals so the car thinks its running a lower boost. it effectivly leans the fueling out across the entire rev range. a very pikey (but cheaper to produce) way of doing things.

disagree there, for a few reasons, i produced a greddy duplicate fcd, working on the same principles as a clamp, it cost me £3, and all the parts were bought from maplin

HKS works in a different manner, with a HKS FCD, an SAFC, and a regulator, its very easy to set up the fueling, just by cutting it back with the SAFC lower in the rev range

the RRFPR, works over the whole range as the boost increases, so having this fitted with the jam or greddy unit, will be overfueling quite alot at lower revs, to adjust and be nearly right above boost cut, and running very rich, is just as bad as lean mate

i understand, for normal dirving and only boosting now and again, people go for the Greddy unit, because it dont alter the fueling on normal driving, and i agree, for that purpose its prob better, but with the right tools, there is no fault with the HKS unit, then again, i sold mine, to buy emanage, and in all fairness, is a much better route, and not that much more exspensive in the end up

each to here own, alot of people prefer greddy and jam, as they clamp, so dont alter till over boost cut seting of 4.1 ish volts, but after this, both FCD do the same thing, and will be lean above that with no other mods

badass-- you havent heard form him, because he had these problems, then listed the car forsale, without mentioning these problems, and got caught out lol

did i say anything about compensating for fueling? or did he for that matter?

orite.

HKS units, lean out the fueling. tricking the ECU into thinking its doing something it isnt is very backwards in my opinion. you shouldnt have to upgrade your fueling to compensate for a fuel cut defencer.

clamping is much better.

what do you think the clamp does? above boost cut? it tricks the ecu into believe there is 0.8 of a bar, when in essence there is 1 or 1.1 bar, thus leaning the combustion process

if your gunna fit a FCD, or BCC, then you need to compensate for fueling.

just fitting a greddy BCC, will do alot of damage aswell, if you dont compensate for fueling, as it leans the mixture out, above fuel cut, when potentially there is more of a need than at lower revs

so in essence, whichever FCD or BCC, you decide to choose, you need to compensate on the fueling side of things, otherwise why would you fit it if you wernt planning on boosting over the set cut?

• 1 month later...