4afe 7afe, The New N/a Conversions

5efe are becoming hard to find since the turbo boys have taking an interest in them. A 4afe 1.6 from a corolla or avensis is as easy to fit as a turbo conversion or 5efe if not easier. Find a bug eyed corolla and take the engine with all ancillerires manifolds mounts and engine loom .Then ecu from behind dash and get wiring. Engine is same dimensions as 4efe, engine bay similar size, and engine mounts in same place in corolla as starlet. Remember the corolla also came with a 4efe. Or whos brave enought to fit the 1.8L 7afe

5efe are becoming hard to find since the turbo boys have taking an interest in them. A 4afe 1.6 from a corolla or avensis is as easy to fit as a turbo conversion or 5efe if not easier. Find a bug eyed corolla and take the engine with all ancillerires manifolds mounts and engine loom .Then ecu from behind dash and get wiring. Engine is same dimensions as 4efe, engine bay similar size, and engine mounts in same place in corolla as starlet. Remember the corolla also came with a 4efe. Or whos brave enought to fit the 1.8L 7afe

have you done this conversion?

the bug eyed corolla came with too chassis configurations for the engines the ee111(4efe, g6 etc) and the ae111(4afe etc) the engine might look visualy identical but the a series block is wider, in turn welding in the drivers side passenger mount is needed.

im intreagued with everything else you have said though.

thought about it in the past when i had an sr but the 1.8 7afe only produces 118bhp standard in most guises and pretty weak internaly only good for light boost applications.

alot of the us celica boys do this.

and when the same hastle can be poot into the ge swaps its not that logical, but i get where your coming from,

do you know anyone with this setup?

It's actually my Tercel :p

Haha - I'm afraid I know very little, other than its very popular in Puerto Rico (YouTube 2ZZ-GE Tercel, few vids) and they've been doing it a while, a guy from Puerto Rico posted me the pictures.

I know but the 4afe and 7afe are cheaper and readily available compared to the others. Bar the drivers side engine mount the rest is good to go. Im welding the front gearbox mount to my crossmember as etc engine torque damper

90bhp standard, the G6R came with 110bhp, just imagine the torque over them little baby 1.3 with their cute little ct9's lol....

My point is its cheap and you could buy a whole donor car for £200. Theres no replacement for displacent.

And no their not shit engines they are toyota's, all of the FE family. You can also buy bolton turbo kits for the.m. Youtube 7afe turbo paseo

the FE doesnt mean anything. its generic engine coding.

the F refers to the type of camdrive that is used, and the E means its fuel injected. you can get 6/8 cylinder engines with F head codes and every fuel injected toyota has an E. it doenst mean they are the same.

its the engine series that designated family.

one is an A series, one is an E series. they aint the same.

4age is hard to come by in ireland at a decent price. Please stop shouting 4age it, the point of the thread is to broaden peoples views of engine swaps and stayin n/a, like I said at the start 5efe is coming harder to find cheap since the turbo boys have taken an interest in them

Which brings it back to the point of doing all that work and spending all that money you could just buy a 4AGE/whatever other engine in the first place.

I'm not shooting down the idea of doing something different. It just doesn't seem a worthwhile choice when you go through all the effort for a small gain and then you have to tell people that you have a 1.6/1.8 with less than 120bhp? That's even worse than a Peugeot for fuck sake. B)

Yes you could tune it, but by the time you've spent some money you could have bought a 4AGE/4EFTE anyway.