Car Resprayed

Guest cheshireglanza

depends on how much you want to spend getting it done you can get some cheap resprays done and the paint will flake off after few months i had a car sprayed before and to have the job done right it cost me 2000 quid if you take your time you will find a starbo that suits you or if you no some one who owns a bodyshop :)

so im guessing you want a n/a cause most turbos I've seen are either black or white, there are diff colours but the majority are black or white

dont think I've seen many black n/a's actually

hmmmmm resprays your looking at £1000 plus for a good job you know?

i know but i really really want a black one, my mate said hed do it for me if i got the paint hed do it for free but then people are like thats good of him, and others are like but will he do a good job? so i dunno, i know its gonna cost a lot aswell but at least ive gone off the whole respraying it pink idea lol and yeh i do want a n/a im only 17 n my insurance would be 11grand on a glanza :) so no thanks to that for a while

haha fook that

and thats what i thought about your mate lol. will he do a good job

spraying aint an easy job at all. anyone can spray but unless you really know how to do a good job, have the best equipment and have done it a few times then you wont get a good job. i can spray quite well but i wouldnt want to do a full respray on a car as i know i would fuck it up lol

Guest cheshireglanza
i know but i really really want a black one, my mate said hed do it for me if i got the paint hed do it for free but then people are like thats good of him, and others are like but will he do a good job? so i dunno, i know its gonna cost a lot aswell but at least ive gone off the whole respraying it pink idea lol and yeh i do want a n/a im only 17 n my insurance would be 11grand on a glanza :) so no thanks to that for a while

that is true will your mate do a good job or will it have runs in the paint i paid 2000 to have a car done in blue it took them 4 weeks to do taking the car apart sanding it putting it in primer they did really good job i had mates offer do it but i said no cause it would cost me more to fix if they fuck up or get bored off doing it just look into it before you take your mate up on doing it get some prices off some bodyshops round you

he works as a body repairer and sprayer, hes resprayed nearly all his own cars and they all look good, ive watched him do his old mini and it was a good job. i think I've only ever seen like 2 black starlets n.a's, i would have a silver 1 or a white 1, there still kinda hard to find but easier than black. at least ive got a few months to decide

Guest cheshireglanza
he works as a body repairer and sprayer, hes resprayed nearly all his own cars and they all look good, ive watched him do his old mini and it was a good job. i think I've only ever seen like 2 black starlets n.a's, i would have a silver 1 or a white 1, there still kinda hard to find but easier than black. at least ive got a few months to decide

theres white starbo on piston heads for 500 quid and if hes good at it go for it

be nice and put a link up then chesh lol

well that sounds a lot better. if hes a body shop worker he'll have expirience so that does sound promising lol

I wouldnt bother getting it sprayed to be honest as your never going to get your money back... but if you really want to get the colour changed jus get it wrapped in a black or white vinyl, well cheaper and will protect the paint undernearth too, and will also cover up alot of scratches too =D

I wouldnt bother getting it sprayed to be honest as your never going to get your money back... but if you really want to get the colour changed jus get it wrapped in a black or white vinyl, well cheaper and will protect the paint undernearth too, and will also cover up alot of scratches too =D

hey kaylee if your getting it done for cheap get it done lol..

personally i wouldnt get it wrapped cause you cant polish it to a good shine..maybe im wrong but..if he has done a good job to his own cars i wouldnt hink hed make a mess of yours :)

Armand

just buy a car and use it for a year to get some ncb. doesnt matter what it looks like. my first car was a white mk3 1.1 5dr fiesta it was a shit bucket. i baught it for 200 quid from a car auction the day i passed my test and i loved the thing lol. it blew up after 2 months right enough but you learn to drive properly in your first car. maybe with a bump or two so why pay all that money getting it painted

i wouldnt get it painted straight away i wouldnt be able to afford it, il just have to see what happens when i get one and what ones are about i might end up wanting to keep the colour after buying one. and plus i tend on keepin my starlet till i can get a glanza :)

if you are gona put a glanza kit on and maybe do a turbo conversion then yea spray it if not dont bother as that money could be better spent and you will end up selling it for a V. i had a silver V and wanted a black one so i sold it and imported a new one in black lol but im anal and didnt want to remove a bolt and see silver underneath :)

yeh i do want a n/a im only 17 n my insurance would be 11grand on a glanza :)

speak to NFU

they are really good may not be the cheapest out right but if you insure your n/a with them then you ll build up you "mutual bonus" and when you go to insure a glanza... even with a year no claim i think you ll be pleasantly surprised