Ct9 Max Boost Limit

have done a quick search and found a few people say 1 bar but is that the actualy limit or will it live past that ??.

I ask because i thought it was 1 bar and a mate just bought a gt on a standard turbo at 1.1 bar.

Russell

It could run at 1.1 but it wont last long.. 1bar is well enuf even at 1bar it ends up creeping past it.. I've set mine just under 1bar to be save when i give it big licks

through the rev range i end up boosting bang on a bar :lol:

Ive ran mine at 1.2 bar for about 3 months now, no problems at all BUT ive recently dropped the boost to just over a bar and it runs and pulls miles better.

This leads me to believe at 1.2 bar it was well out of its efficiency range and producing too much heat to make decent power.

The engine used to sound dog rough too after hammering it at 1.2 bar but with the lower boost it seems perfectly fine.

While im banging on about it at 1.2 bar it would stop pulling at 5.5k now ive lowered the boost it pulls till 6.3ish, i know this because i run a shift light set to 5.5k, and have noticed its on way longer now ive lowered the boost and still pulling, must alter it.

yeh set at 1.1 bar it will creep on full beans to 1.2 bar which id say is the reccomended boost limit for a hybrid so you can see why it isnt a good idea for the standard ct9 to run at these boost levels lol

You can road map a car and then you won't have a dyno readout, the only things you really need to map a car (other than the tuneable ecu/fuel controller etc) is an afr gauge (wideband) and det cans.

On the original question - the most I would advise to run on the standard ct9 is 1 bar, over that and your getting out of the turbo's efficiency range and it will just be blowing hotter air without making much - if any more power so the extra strain your putting it under isn't worth it.

• 4 years later...

I know this thread's well old but as above the 1.0 bar mark on a stock ct9 is the "magic point" .

I run 1.0 bar bang on I must add with external wastegate and it holds bang on a bar in EVERY gear without fail on a decent manual boost controller

pulls superb nearly all way to redline and spools up so early and power is SUPER USABLE. I must add an external wastegate is a MUST when runnig a ct9 as they cant regulate there own boost well at all, appallingly infact.

put this here as people in the future maywell search like I just did "max boost ct9"

Hope it helps somebody

Edited by mikey4410