Lowering On Standard Shocks

Them shocks and springs that ste91 is selling are the way forward they are suposed to be a good setup.

I have some Tein springs on standard shocks at the moment, they will be fine but they will not last forever i have already had to change the rears and the fronts have bursted aswell now, so i have just opted for shocks and springs just waiting to fit them.

Craig

If you want better handling get uprated shocks aswell. Infact I'm selling mine if you're interested: http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....mp;#entry310867

With lowered springs on standard shocks you aren't doing the shocks any favours. However a small drop like 25mm on the Starlet SR's would be fine.

havnt got 300quid atm which is why i was just looking to get springs until i can afford shocks too, thanks anyway

havnt got 300quid atm which is why i was just looking to get springs until i can afford shocks too, thanks anyway

I have the Tein springs on KYB excel g uprated shocks, no complaints at all. Seeing as your strap for cash why don't you lower it on standard shocks then get uprated shocks when you have some extra cash. They pop up in the classified sections enough!

Also, its not like the standard shocks will just give up straight away, it just won't do them any good and may shorten life span. its not something you'd have to worry about in a few weeks, were talking months! =]

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor....don't listen to hear say and speculation.

i got the same speach nearly 5 years ago when i lowered my car "the shocks wont take it, they'll burst in no time, your thick"....but where was the evidence for this????

and nearly 5 years on my GMax springs on OEM shocks are still goin, no leaks, no creaks, no groans, no feck all. it can be done, and my car is proof.

Phil.

Kayabas uprated gas shock excel G is perfect as an upgrade shock over the normal oil filed oe units.

for the majority of springs out there, rsr, whiteline, tein etc are designed to be used with a standard oe shock.

check my shop for the uprated excel G gas shocks if your interested.

Enzo, i'm running the excel g's now with some teins. would my excel g's be suitable for going even lower, i.e 60mm?

do pi still do -60 mil springs?

i had a pi 60mil- excel g combo on my sr and it worked well, but i did 30000 miles in that car in the one year and did go through two rear shocks in that time.

it will still work but the life of the shock will be reduced. it is all dependant on the roads you use and how long you drive.

all shock absorbers are wearable components,