What Petrol Do You Guys Use ?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear in mind you'll have to run it through a few tanks and give the ECU time to adjust.

Obviously if you already have half a tank of regular unleaded in there and then fill up with super unleaded it's not going to be 100% so let it run as low as you dare and then fill up with super a few times.

Bear in mind you'll have to run it through a few tanks and give the ECU time to adjust.

Obviously if you already have half a tank of regular unleaded in there and then fill up with super unleaded it's not going to be 100% so let it run as low as you dare and then fill up with super a few times.

Okey Dokey.. ill let it run low until I'm rolling on hopes and dreams then fill it up

Hi guys.

Just wondering was reading in Redline mag about petrol and running the rite type of unleaded.. but what do you use and whats best for the car??

unleaded ?

Super unleaded ?

ETC

?

V power Club Car Member!!

shell-v-power-energy-drink-can.jpg">

Yeah it only makes sense that your car runs better on higher quality fuel, don't get why people are saying it's a "load of bollocks". :(

I watched the 5th gear review. On the normal small engined car (I think it was Hyundai) the higher octane fuel admittedly made no difference to the BHP iirc, but that doesn't mean to say the car didn't run better!

I think I may have watched the same 5th Gear as Idy

They test 1 of those corsa's a golf gti again 1 of the newer ones and a scoobie (not the brand new hatch back looking one but the one released before that)

They tried them with standard low octain supermarket petrol then bp ultimate and shell optimax (i presume it was before V Power was brought out maybe) or sumin like that

Prety much they drained the tank of all fuel filled it up with one of the types then dyno'd it

Anyway the corsa made no difference running any type of petrol as it was like a 1.2/1.4 N/A or something

The GTI made like 15bhp off running higher octain petrol (think it was shell that ran best but cant remember bang on)

Then the scoobie made like 35bhp or something rediculous like that off running high octain petrol!

Mental ehh :D

The videos probably on youtube or something like that i anyone wants to check it (I saw it on Dave :p)

I run on Tesco 99 jungle juice (Tesco is all of about 30secs from my house so easier to get to) or Shell V Power

But i put a 10er (didnt want to put any more in) of BP 95 crap in the other day as i was low and they didnt sell ultimate :p

I gota say it though it ran prety shit...

Well not shit but enough to notice my car saying 'Stop feeding me this shit, I dont like it'

So I'll never do that again...

<br />I never once mentioned there were any performance increases, I merely stated that the car reacted better to a higher octane fuel, and if it's all placebo, explain the extra 70+ miles a tank I get when running super? Telekinetic energy perhaps?<br />I'll let Toyota know their new Optimal Drive is no patch on my mind power!!!!<br /><br />Damien<br />
<br /><br /><br />

good stuff, you let them know that mate

damien and idrees and all others saying higher octane fuel runs the car better is right. it may not make a noticable difference to the n/a's but certainly does in the turbos lol

i had a discussion on a previous thread about higher octane fuel where i was shot down when saying it does make a difference to my car since I've been using it in mine and i was told its all in my head

since then i have watched the 5th gear test in which it does make a huge difference in bhp terms and its been proven so to all them that told me it was in my mind i say :( lol

damien and idrees and all others saying higher octane fuel runs the car better is right. it may not make a noticable difference to the n/a's but certainly does in the turbos lol

i had a discussion on a previous thread about higher octane fuel where i was shot down when saying it does make a difference to my car since I've been using it in mine and i was told its all in my head

since then i have watched the 5th gear test in which it does make a huge difference in bhp terms and its been proven so to all them that told me it was in my mind i say :( lol

Ah totaly mate, in a jap import or any high performance/modified car it will run much better and more efficient... it's just those that think it makes a difference in a small litered n/a that need to think about the money there wasting, doesnt bother me it's not my car or my money so those can do as they please.

JAG beat me to it :(

Seen that program unless your car is a fairly high performance car there WONT be a perfomance increase. Not saying it wont run better though.

I always run the GT on super, most of the time V Power but if I couldnt make it to a Shell garage, Tesco super.

I wont be going anywhere other than Shell garages when the GT is back running, I think that was part of the problem after it was mapped for V Power.

by the way I am in the V power club and never seen that energy drink!! I want!!

I always use Tesco 99 as I drive past the place twice a day!

I must say that I have had to put a fivers worth of 95 in as they were out of 99 and I was down to just below 1/4 tank (yes I could have got home but not risking it) asked the woman at the desk when they were getting 99 back in though as my Glanza HATES being run on 95 - It seems to stutter if that makes sense so I have to drive it like a granny :(

Steve

I always use Tesco 99 as I drive past the place twice a day!

I must say that I have had to put a fivers worth of 95 in as they were out of 99 and I was down to just below 1/4 tank (yes I could have got home but not risking it) asked the woman at the desk when they were getting 99 back in though as my Glanza HATES being run on 95 - It seems to stutter if that makes sense so I have to drive it like a granny :(

Steve

Well it feels like my car doesn't run to good on unleaded.. as people keep saying it runs better on super unleaded

Well it feels like my car doesn't run to good on unleaded.. as people keep saying it runs better on super unleaded

get yourself onto super - you wont notice a "Switch " change though it will be gradual as the ECU learns that its not about to det all the time LOL!

Steve

Glanza_Cl, the amount of mileage I get from regular fuel, compared to super unleaded, easily pays for itself, plus with a constant supply of fuel vouchers it works out even cheaper :(

Damien

fuel vouchers ?????

Thats becuase the 4efte was never designed to run on anything less than fuel they have in japan i.e. 97/99 RON (im quoting the RON from what other people have saidthey have in japan.) of course its going to run better than what it would on 90..

As far as im concerned its absolutely pointless putting 97RON in a 4efe that is more than capable of burning the 90 RON fuel efficiently. Im not a scientist, im just reading facts found easily on the internet.

Mitch

Their was a test on 5th gear where they took a micra a golf and an evo i think, been looking for the vid but i cant find it, end the end of it micra had no more power, golf had like 2 bhp more and the evo and about 10 more, they drained the tanks when they tested them ect, cant find the video thou!