Its all gone peat tong and i want to cry.

Guys i have just had a right kick in the balls and now ive had to cancel me getting the gt turbo.

Unfortunatly the insurance companey that qouted me £1990 are now saying that they will no longer insure me on the car unless i pay £4500 tpff and unfortunatley this is too much for me.

I dont know why they said they cant disclose that information to me but they were yabbering on about it being an import and i said well yes i told you that and you quoted me the low price(if you can call it low).

So basically i cant get one now so ive canceled the bailey dumpvalve I orderd but im still keeping the compomotives, panel filter,nur-spec,and tein flex coilovers as it looks like im gonna have to get an n/a starlet.

Im so gutted realy had my hart set on it founf the car orderd the parts then the bloody insurance companey stiches me right up.

I acctualy feel like crying now.

Worst part is ive lost £400 deposit on the car pluss a £40 shipping cancelation fee on the bailey dump valve

But if any one knows of a n/a starlet around hampshire for sale let me know im very interested.

Thats really unlucky mate!

But its a sad truth these days that you cant get the car u want even tho u got the money for it because of bloody insurance issues!

n/a starlet aint that bad tho :)

U can still make it into a machine, and later on turbo it :p

All the best!

Peace Out

Joz

Get a Banzai mag or something similar and just work your way from front to back of the insurance companies -- that's what I did and I ended up with a reasonable quote I thought!!

[edit]

Saying that -- I was insuring a Glanza, dunno what your situation is but I don't think there's usually much hassle insuring GT's

[/edit]

ouch, buying lots of money's worth of parts before getting the car, this is prob why you shouldnt... :)

the exhaust would need modifying to fit if you were to get an ep91 n/a mate, as it differs to the ep82's, airbox may be slightly different also but not sure, may be alright there.

everyone can learn from this! :p

$4500 :) they are really trying to bend you over with that! Which insurer was that?

Have you got any kind of written quote? either a hard copy or via their website? cause if you have, surely they can't back out? and i am dammed sure they can't withold the information why they want to increase the premium.

In terms of insurance how old are you, how many NCB's do you have, how long have you been driving?

I only ask because i'm 26, 0 NCB's (all on my Celica) and 3 years driving and through elephant i pay £500 TPFT on my Glanza V. I got the quote over the internet and i phoned them up to confirm everything, i.e it's a Glanza V not a Starlet GT Turbo, i made sure they knew it was an import and it did'nt bother them.

Also i hear Swift are good for 1.5ltr and less engined cars.

Don't try Adrian Flux, they wanted £1750 TPFT off me.

Tony

yeah well i allways knew insurance would be high i was will to pay £2000 but that is rediculas.

basically 22 years old

had licience 3 mounths

full no claims if go with tesco as they transfer over bike to car but no one else will.

8 points witch are off my licence but will still have to tell them about for anouther 2 years

Ah man thats well bad, you must be gutted!

Hopefully you will find another car you will be happy with.

£ 2000 on a GT in the first place is a very steep insurace quote. :)

Not rubbing it in or anything but i only pay £650 TPFT with all mods included, thats with adrien flux

Am 21 with 3years NCB and only been driving for 3 years.

well im now looking for a starlet either an ep82 but preferably an ep91 just a gli or cd will do me ill do it up a bit ill probably be able to get all the bumpers and bonnet and spoilers from a glanza or something and once it looks like a glanza all ill have to do is do a turbo conversion and ive seen the kits for about £250 so ill be allright just have to wait i guess.

But ill be their soon guys dont worry i never give up.

cheers mate but i am kinda admitting defeat arfter all ive got 8 points and only had my licence 3 mounths as i allways had motorbikes befor i was stupid in thinking i could get one to tell ya the truth.

so it will have to be an n/a one and maybe nxt year ill turbo it or bye a glanza v or summit.

the realy stupid part is this

tesco insurance for 1995 gt turbo £4500 tpff

tesco insurance for 1991 nissan 200sx s13 £2300 fully comp

Yeah that exactly what i said what THE FOOK and ARE YOU TAKING DE PISST

i dont know my tale is well and truley between my legs (oh thats not my tale didnt think my tale was that long)

Mate you wanna fight your case. My mate got a MG ZR and is paying insurance for a Corsa Merit because out of curiosity he wanted to know what the cheapest car to insure was. they accidentally insured him for a year on that!!!!! there was nothig they could do because the phonecalls are recorded. they HAD to insure nim on it. Just phone them and tell them what you got quoted and mention the phonecall being recorded :)

Shouldnt have cancelled the Teins as they should fit n/a and if your goin n/a you want an ep91 :)

Hope you get things sorted mate :p

lol. how long would it take you to get it together. as i got a mate sourcing my next car through the dealers he works for. if your serious i could hold off. would much rather sell it to someone on here to be honest mate