How Much To Forge A Engine

All depends, you can get one built by the likes of TM Developments for £1850 plus your old engine in return IIRC.

Thats a engine rebuilt from the ground up including the head, with all new valve stem seals, water and oil pump all new gaskets etc.

But you could build a forged bottom end for about £1000 maybe less depending on where you get the parts and what parts you use.

yeah you need to be budgeting

200 for machinework. (rebore/polished crank/skimmed block)

150 hg

650 rods and pistons

100 for ACL bearings

80ish for a full engine gasket kit

80 oil pump

30 headbolts

as you can see thats around 1300, with going over the top on uprated cams valve springs reground crank lightened flywheel blueprinted bootom end or choosing any of the expensive internals, go for pauter rods and je pistons and you will be staring 1grand before you even buy anything else.

AND it doesnt account for paying anynoe to build the engine.

sealer assembly paste engine stand engine oil/oil filters for the run in.

it will easily owe you the best part of 3grand before your finished, especially if something goes wrong.

but goodluck, sometimes these things go like clockwork and do it with a bare minimum attitude and something will go pearshaped.

take your time, buy ALL the parts before hand(after finding someont to build the engine for you and choose the parts on there recommendation)

Phil

getting it done by tm or a company as well they will chemically clean it too. they start from the bottom and rebuild it from start to finish with all new forged parts. very worth it in my opinion rather than doing it yaself. atleast you know its been done by professionals :lol:

getting it done by tm or a company as well they will chemically clean it too. they start from the bottom and rebuild it from start to finish with all new forged parts. very worth it in my opinion rather than doing it yaself. atleast you know its been done by professionals :lol:

the machineshop will stick the block/head in to a chemical washer once the machine work is done, so if you do the build yourself the engine will still be chemically cleaned. if you want to know whats in your engine, you will need to buy the parts yourself and and watch someone else build it for you.

Phil

180atw is achievable on a stock engine, seen a thread on TGTT the otherday some people overseas have run 320atw on stock internals as a daily driver and constantly running 11sec quarter miles

It all depends on the set up and how well you maintain it at the end of the day :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very new to all this and have just joined this club but would it not be easyer to put a biger engine in, whitch was going to be my question i have an 1985 starlet and she has a good body on her and i think can be something quite special.

Is this a possabilaty putting a biger engine in.

I'm very new to all this and have just joined this club but would it not be easyer to put a biger engine in, whitch was going to be my question i have an 1985 starlet and she has a good body on her and i think can be something quite special.

Is this a possabilaty putting a biger engine in.

Some people have used components of the 1.5 5efe engine from the Paseo and 1.5 5efhe engine from the Cynos & Sera to build forged Turbo engines..

I believe a member over on tgtt has a 2.0L 3sgte engine engine in a GT Turbo..but that's probably quite an expensive and long-winded route..

180atw is achievable on a stock engine, seen a thread on TGTT the otherday some people overseas have run 320atw on stock internals as a daily driver and constantly running 11sec quarter miles

It all depends on the set up and how well you maintain it at the end of the day :(

so what you mean sparky on a stock motor no mods at all except remap 180 is doable ? or other wise what simple mod would you say you would need i was thinking of doin this

tmic rx-7

full system mani and turbo cat

fcd

relocated air filter

maybe a fuel pressure regulator

magnacore lead and iridum plugs?

then a remap with say a good named ecu

he meant stock engine. as in internaly. be pretty suprised if you could remap the standard car to that. would be a popular option lol.

also debating with myself whether to take on a rebuild myself or save up 2k for tmd to do it.

he meant stock engine. as in internaly. be pretty suprised if you could remap the standard car to that. would be a popular option lol.

also debating with myself whether to take on a rebuild myself or save up 2k for tmd to do it.

u should have a chat with jobo this is what he wants to do!!

• 7 months later...
getting it done by tm or a company as well they will chemically clean it too. they start from the bottom and rebuild it from start to finish with all new forged parts. very worth it in my opinion rather than doing it yaself. atleast you know its been done by professionals :thumbsup:
so do you have to buy all the parts ureself plus give them the 1850 for them to rebuild it lol stupid qwestion ino im just confused haha

Tbh it's all about the capabilities of your mapper and the management you choose it's been said and discussed before a guy from australia got 200bhp frm a 4efe using a td04? Just goes to show it doesn't have to be forged allthough the engine was pulled apart after abit

most people tend to go for the cheaper scat rods which are apparantly heavy in weight compared to other rods n wiesco pistons again the cheapest forged pistons around