As you can probably tell, i've bent the rear axle on my ep82, havent had chance to have a good look at it yet as its been parked outside the garage since christmas day.

any one else ever done this, what will i need to change or is it not worth it ???

any info would be great, cheers guys x

Picture113.jpgPicture112.jpgPicture112.jpg

Looks like you need a re-shell - it looks twisted to me? (only from the photo though)

Any insurance company would write that off stright away as well if you're thinking of claiming, you won't get it repaired.

Unlucky, but lucky it wasn't the driver's door as that could have been very painful.

what about replacing the axle, i think it looks worse in the photo than it actualy is, from what i can see it looke like the wheel has been pushed in on the one side, i cant see what exactly is bent :rolleyes:

anyone got any pics of a rear axle by any chance ?

ok first thing, OUCH!!!! second, rather than spending money fixing it, buy yourself a shell, or even another EP82 if you can afford it and swap all the parts over etc... then phone your insurance they will write it off and give you the money, and when you break your one for bits etc you will b able to regain money that way.

how did it happen??

ok first thing, OUCH!!!! second, rather than spending money fixing it, buy yourself a shell, or even another EP82 if you can afford it and swap all the parts over etc... then phone your insurance they will write it off and give you the money, and when you break your one for bits etc you will b able to regain money that way.

how did it happen??

Yea i'm probably guna get myself another one, been lookin at a few with blown engines, i've only got 3rd party insurance so thats no help, i wouldnt go through insurance even if i was fully comp because my premium would shoot up.

I lost the front end on some black ice on christmas morning, smashed the front passanger side wheel in to a kerb then it went sideways, once tha happend there was nothing i could do and it slid about 20ft in to the post.

Bit pissed off because all week i'd been F**kin about on the ice and i crash it when i was driving perfectly normal, within the speed limit, not drunk on a main road and managed to bin it lol

cars been in the garage today, not good ! :)

Alltogether i've bent the rear axle, wrecked the rear quarter and window, wercked 3 wheels, damaged the front driver side susepnsion and they think i've twisted the chassi but there not 100% sure on that yet

guna keep the car off the road till i find a new shell , or new parts if the chassi aint twisted, eather way i'm without the starlet for a while so in the mean time, I was thinking of geting a bit of vtec in my life any buying a civic :thumbsup: