Ebc V Mintex

Guest ep82_girl

Guest ep82_girl

no :p it was a approx 230bhp 1.4 bar quadlight gt with standard calipers and driven by turbo dave up a bloody mountain road with a huge drop the other end and i s**t myself so i know they stop lol!!!!!

xxxx

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm.......right, in order from road to full race:

EBC Greenstuf = "fast road" but I hate them, don't work until you get them hot then they suddenly get some bite, I kept locking one or other front wheel early! They also "feel soft" so you can't stand of the pedal as hard, might be an illusion due to them being lame when cold.

EBC Redstuff = "very fast road / trackday", these are better from cold than the greens, withstand more abuse than the greens and are more predictable than the greens. For like 10% more, so don't bother with greens. We have a full race V8 TVR guy who runs Reds with slicks and has never overheated them. 99% of kits I sell to all sorts of people have Reds.

EBC Yellowstuff = "full race", I havn't used them but lots and lots of my more serious trackday / silly BHP customers have, and they are better than Reds but take a bit more warming up.

EBC Bluestuff = "full race endurance", long distance stuff, not applicable at all.

Mintex = More expensive, like Ferodo but not as good value as EBC for the same spec.

My suggestion is EBC Reds, not sure about the rear though as EBC don't seem to offer Reds for the back...?

dont need anything for the rears just the fronts. the car will never be raced or used for tracks

xxx

If it was me I would get Reds, or standard (EBC Black or even Gen Toyota) pads - not anything in between.

Many motor factor cheap pads are not worth bothering with if you case about performance, but gen ones will be better in 99% of cases (and more expensive of course).

price aint an issue i just want good pads that work from cold, give a good bite and dont make loads of brake dust (i have white wheels)

xxx

I'm pretty sure greens have about twice as much dust as reds, from memory.

As for the dust, try TFR! (Traffic Film Remover - Comma stuff from memory) ...really pokey stuff, works well but needs washing off afterwards.

Guest ep82_girl

thanxz hunni :-)

im leaning towards ebc yellowstuff but ive heard about them falling apart+not at all impressed by greenstuff so that why i would go for mintex but i really don't know!

have you used both pads? if so what you find best i gave groove front discs

x x

thanxz hunni :-)

im leaning towards ebc yellowstuff but ive heard about them falling apart+not at all impressed by greenstuff so that why i would go for mintex but i really don't know!

have you used both pads? if so what you find best i gave groove front discs

x x

I've used Redstuff and Greenstuff personally, the rest comes from customer feedback...