****problem,help Needed****

basicly...

drive round tightish corners at slow speed(15mhp rufly) and something makes like a knocking..

now..

drive round tightish corners at the same speed but holding the clutch in and it dosnt knock?

in straight lines or round corners that arnt to tight there is no sound at all everything is ok :thumbsup:

me nd my mate jacked up the car..

all bellhouse bolts are fine.

driveshafts seem ok.

mounts are ok.

we had the car runing in 1st gear when it was off the ground and had it at 20mph turning the weels but the noisde wasnt there(guesn ther has to be strain)

it was a replacement gearbox just put in..i was told it was reconditiond by smr it was stil all clean with the holograpic stickers. mate think it could be the gearbox but im complety lost...

HELP PLEASE!!!!

dunno might be because you have took load off the driveshaft? might be gear box but clunking noise usually cv joint worn if its cv joint the clunckin will get worse the more you drive it and will be noiser the tighter the corner/faster you travel

Doesn't need to have play in the shaft bud for the cv joint to be not great.

One of mine was knocking, and when I pulled it apart, all looked fine just when moving it about at certain points it sounded rough. And there was plenty of grease in there by the look of it as well.

Dinna break it, shame to see the work and money not getting enjoyed by yourself.

My car does the same noise, its the CV joints. under accelaration while turning you can hear, gets louder with sharper turns or more acceleration, happened after doing drifts in the snow for about 3 hours.

how can i check this?

how much new cv's?

Well i would say the best way is by driving it, if the CV joint is making a heavy knocking noise when loading it up i.e going round a corner then its going to be that joint. Also you will be able to tell when you have taken it out of the hub, because when you wiggle it around it will feel like its grinding and knotchy if that make sense? Or even by jacking the car up and spinning the wheel freely you may be able to hear it, depends how bad its got?

Not sure how much new CV joint are for starlets, but shouldnt be to expensive i shouldnt think, its when you have to buy the shafts as well you break the bank.

Sorry aint very good at explanations via text lol.