Hey Guys, my brother has gone out of the country and left this car behind, it's got no insurance on it, but road tax is until end of March and i was thinking of insuring it for a couple of months, but I cannot get it insured right as it's not under my name as registered owner and i cannot get my brother give permission to my insurance company as he's not in the UK. So there is no way in insuring it right?? :wub:

Hey Guys, my brother has gone out of the country and left this car behind, it's got no insurance on it, but road tax is until end of March and i was thinking of insuring it for a couple of months, but I cannot get it insured right as it's not under my name as registered owner and i cannot get my brother give permission to my insurance company as he's not in the UK. So there is no way in insuring it right?? :wub:

Find youself some cover to drive your car third party only with entitlement to drive other vehicles (CIA, NFU Mutual, Quinn and a few others - it is a rare one to find though!) and you'd be allowed to drive it. Quite a few people I know have there tiny engined car at home insured TPO then they'll drive "Mummys" or "Daddys" performance car most of the time LOL :o

But being as it is actually your brothers car and not yours registered in someone else name then its perfectly legal.

unfortunatly that wont work as the car isnt insured at all. in order to be covered 3rd party on another vehicle, that vehicle needs someone to be insuring it, and as its not got any insurance it wont be legal.

Not the case with some insurance companies :D

unfortunatly that wont work as the car isnt insured at all. in order to be covered 3rd party on another vehicle, that vehicle needs someone to be insuring it, and as its not got any insurance it wont be legal.

This.

I'm with Quinn Direct and i can drive anyone else's car as long as the car is insured and have their consent but only third party.

nope the cars gota be in your name, i had to do that wen i got the glanza as i couldnt get insured on it til i was 19 so i bort the car at 18 in my name realised i couldnt get insured so had to put it in my bfs name under his insurance and me as a named driver thats the only way i could drive it, now I've just put it back in my name now im 19 n can get my own insurance after the dvla losing the log book 4 bloody times!! nightmare

Guest ep82_girl
This.

I'm with Quinn Direct and i can drive anyone else's car as long as the car is insured and have their consent but only third party.

you sure??? thought you had to be over 25 for this and also pay extra on the insurance??

xxx

you sure??? thought you had to be over 25 for this and also pay extra on the insurance??

xxx

Some companies will have this on your policy anyway, my sister was 18 and had just passed her test when she insured her car, fully comp with that as a benefit of the policy was still cheaper than my insurance as a 22 year old guy, 4 years ncb and not being allowed to drive other vehicles because im under 25!

If i go with Quinn i could get that benefit but i'd be paying double what i pay elsewhere.

Some companies if you phoned them up and explained the situation should allow you to insure the car as its a family member who owns it, a friend of mine insures his car himself however his dad went and did the sale and put his details on the V5C by accident yet the cars insured by his son direct.

I also insured the car registered to my sister for a month or 2 before she passed her test as my car was off the road, i did so with chris knott.

Its all down to the insurance companies how they'll deal with it and what benefits you get.